He rolled over and got comfortable "goodnight Harry"

"Night Niall"

I went to the top of the stairs and walked into the kitchen. Charlie leaned on the counter facing away from me with the water still running.

"Charlie?" I murmured, not wanting to scare her.

She still jumped a little. Charlotte wiped her face and I realized she was crying. She threw a dish forcefully in the sink and slammed the water off.

"I'm not going to do this again Harry" she told me, drying we hands on a towel.

"I really need to talk to you" I protested.

She shook her head "Once is enough"

"That's not what I-"

"What?! What more could you possibly say that you haven't already?!" She finally turns to me, hurt and angry tears rolling down her flustered cheeks.

"That...that.." I stumbled over the words I was desperate to say.

She nodded and swallowed hard "I get it. You would rather spend the time you have left alone the. With me" Charlie used the exact words I told her when I thought she didn't want to be with me.

Charlotte couldn't be more wrong; I wanted more than anything to be with her.

"Charlie, listen to me" I pleaded.

She brushed past me "I can't. It just...hurts too much right now. Goodnight Harry" Charlie closed the door behind her softly without waiting for my reply.

I squeezed my eyes shut and took a deep breath. Even if she knew, could she forgive me?

Pushing my hair back, I made my way to the empty room. My room. I stripped off my clothes and got into bed, not caring about brushing my teeth.

I missed the feeling of Charlotte's warm body beside me. The room was too silent; Charlie's breathing somehow always calmed me.

I rolled over and true to ignore the nagging guilt, pain, an loneliness.

**

I felt someone take a deep breath. I blinked, adjusting to the light. Why was the light even on? I don't recall leaving it on?

I looked down to find Charlie asleep in my arms. Was I dreaming? How did she get in here? My arms were wrapped securely around her, in the usual way we cuddled together. Used to anyways.

I wanted to savour the moment but my body had other ideas. A sneeze was coming hard an fast. Oh no. Please don't do this now! Please-. I sneezed, quite loudly, and Charlie stirred.

She squinted in the light and yawned. Her face morphed from drowsy to shock when she realized she wasn't alone. Her eyes widened and I felt her stiffen. Charlotte slowly tilted her head up and out gazes met.

Once she recognized me, she let out a small squeak and rolled to the side, and off the bed. As she scrambled to her feet, I sat up.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I...I'm fine" she stuttered "how did I get here?"

I shrugged "I don't know?"

I coughed, trying to hide my laughter.

"What's funny?" She frowned.

"It jut reminded me of when you fell out of bed" I admitted, swinging my legs over the edge if the bed. Charlotte bit her lip, lost in the memory. I noticed her eyes watering.

I got up and gathered her up in my arms. She hesitated, only for a moment, before wrapping her arms around me.

"I'm sorry" I laid my cheek on the top of her head "I need to explain why I did what I did. It wasn't to hurt you"

She pulled away slightly and I saw the fresh tears. I wiped them away with my thumb.

"How could you possibly justify what you did?" She demanded.

"Please, just give me a chance to explain" I said softly.

"Alright" we parted. She went around me and grabbed something. What was she doing?

Charlie tossed me a pair of sweats with a cheeky grin. Oh yeah, I had slept in my underwear. I slipped them on and sat on the bed with Charlie.

"I knew Niall was alive this morning, when...Lucy told me" I admitted.

"Lucy? What was she doing here?" Charlie demanded.

"She was here to tell me that if I didn't break up with you like I did, that she would kill Niall"

Charlotte froze and slowly looked up at me. She blinked, processing the news.

"I'm so sorry. I-"

"No" she interrupted "I would have done the same. So...what you said"

"Wasn't true" I finished "You are beautiful and interesting and smart. And what happened to Niall defiantly wasn't your fault. I only said those things so nothing would happen to Niall"

She sniffled and I brushed her tears away with my thumb "why are you crying!"

"Cause I'm happy" she smiled a little.

"Please take me back, Charlotte. I couldn't bear the thought of losing you. I...I love you"

Charlie asked, not in the aggressive tone she used earlier but, in her usual soft and sweet voice "Say it again"

"I'm sorry. I understand if you don't-"

"No" she blushed a deep red "the part where you said you loved me"

"I love you" I told her sincerely. And I meant it. I've had girlfriends in the past and I have loved them but I had never meant it as much as I had in this moment. Charlie was the perfect girl for me. She was my match. I could see myself being with her for a very long time.

Charlie got on her tippy toes and pressed her lips to mine. I kissed her back, starting out softly and building it. I wrapped my arms around her and she tangled her fingers in my hair. She pulled away slightly, still keeping our foreheads pressed together.

"I love you too. And I forgive you" I smiled and leaned in again, feeling her beautiful smile through the kiss. I then felt her shutter.

I pulled back "are you cold?"

Charlie pulled at her sweater "yeah it's colder than usual down here. Don't you notice?"

"No, my attention is elsewhere" I grinned. She giggled.

"How did I get in here though?" Charlie asked.

"I don't know but I'm glad you did end up here"

She frowned "I'm assuming Lucy told you that you couldn't tell me. Isn't that a little risky?"

"She never told me I couldn't but she never said I could" I admitted.

She winced a little

"But I tried to so it discreetly" I added, knowing it didn't make the situation much better.

She pressed her lips together "I'm glad you told me. I should go check on Niall"

Charlie went to leave but I pulled her back in for one more kiss. It was like some big weight had been lifted off my chest; I had Charlie back and this time I wasn't going to let her go.

__________________________________________________________________________

I'm so sorry I haven't updated lately, what with school approaching and vacation....I know it's no excuse but I hope this chapter made up for it! Sorry it's short but I felt this was the right place to end it. Pretty please fan, vote, and comment :) ill try and get the next chapter up faster! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!