CHAPTER NINETEEN: "FRIENDS"

Start from the beginning

"My muscles are sore as well."

"You should let your mom have a look at that."

He chuckled. "And here I was hoping that you offer your services."

"I don't want to put you in more pain than you already are."

She leaned back against the pillows on her bed with a smile. It almost felt like how things were before it got complicated between them.

"I highly doubt that. You have soft hands but if you don't want to help the one person out that has saved your life, it's cool. I will suffer in silence."

"Since you put it that way, what choice do I have?"

"I'm just messing with you" he said. She could hear him smiling as he spoke. "I miss this..."

That was unexpected. She did not expect him to say that at all.

"I am sorry for making things awkward between us Azania" he continued. "I was selfish and for that I apologize."

"Apology accepted" she replied. "I could've handled the situation better and for that I apologize."

"Ok now that that is out of the way, can we go back to being friends? I promise to not overstep any boundaries ever again."

"I would like that."

This is what she wanted right? So why was she feeling some type of way when he said it?

"I aim to please" he said. "What are you up to?"

"I'm just thinking" she responded.

"What are you thinking about?"

"You..."

"I am flattered."

"It ain't even like that. Remember our first date?"

"Yes. What about it?"

"I thought that my friend set me up with you right? But she claims that she does not know you."

She just had to know. There was no need to beat around the bush since they were friends and all.

"Oh that" he sighed. "I hope that you don't think that I tried to soften you up to get my hands on your property."

"That though never even crossed my mind." Honestly she did not even think that he was trying to use her like that. Maybe she was gullible but he just did not strike her as the type to do that.

"I'm relieved to hear that. It was a misunderstanding."

"How so?"

"Anthwan has been trying to hook me up, he thinks I'm lonely."

"For real?" Azania asked in disbelief. She just could not picture him having a lack of women who would be willing to warm his bed at night.

"Just because he feels that way, it doesn't make it true. So I have been on a few dates curtesy of Anthwan and when your phone number landed on my desk, I assumed and that assumption led me to a date with you."

"And your assumption was wrong?"

"Yes. I was supposed to call you with regards to the property. I just did not know that at the time."

"So when did you find all this out?"

"The day when you had a meeting at the club. After you left, me and Anthwan kind of figured it out."

"Ok."

"I just want you to know that I would never use you like that Azania."

"I know. I trust you." She really did trust him. Don't ask her why but she just did.