CHAPTER EIGTHTEEN: "SAYING GOODBYE"

Start from the beginning

“Yeah, she’s gone.”

“What do you mean she’s gone?”

“She was discharged earlier this morning and she just left. I didn’t even get a measly goodbye.”

“Damn…”

“You can say that again. That woman hates me. I thought that after this we would just put the past behind us and move on.”

“Move on to what exactly?”

“To being friends?”

Anthwan just shook his head and got into the car. DeAndre followed suit.

“What?” DeAndre asked. They were heading to his house. It was late in the afternoon.

“You honestly think that you and Azania can be friends?”

“Why not?”

“Because just a few months ago you were the one confessing that you were ‘in-like’ with her and you could barely keep your hands to yourself. Now all of a sudden you see yourself being her friend?”

“It’s water under the bridge, I am over that.”

“Really?” Anthwan asked in disbelief. “So why were you so upset a few minutes ago when you discovered that she had left without saying goodbye?”

“Because I hated the tension that was between us. We are business partners and I wanted us to at least be cordial with each other. After what we went through, I had hoped that we were in a good place but I was wrong. She clearly still hates my guts.”

Before Anthwan could respond, his phone rang.

“Hello” he answered. His phone was connected to the Bluetooth system of his car.

“Hi Anthwan, it’s Azania.” Her voice echoed through the speakers.

That was the last thing that he expected. Why was she calling his best friend? Was there something going on between them? He should stop being paranoid. Maybe it had to do with business.

“Hey Azania, how are you?”

“I’m ok thanks and how are you?”

“Well I’m not the one that just got out of the hospital” Anthwan replied. “I’m just as handsome as the last time you saw me.”

DeAndre heard her laugh on the other end of the line. Why was she laughing at Anthwan’s corny lines?

“Ouch!” she groaned.

“Azania what’s wrong?” Anthwan panicked.

“Nothing is wrong, it just hurts when I laugh. Nothing to worry yourself about.”

DeAndre’s heart was beating at the speed of lightning when he heard her groan out in pain. He slowly released the breath that he was holding.

“Ok I will behave and not be my charming self. What can I help you with?”

“I need a favor…”

“What favor could you possibly need from me?”

“I was wondering…”

“Come on Azania, what do you need?”

“Never mind, I can hear that you are driving. I will call you back later.”

“You can talk. I’m not driving with my phone in my hand, you are connected to my car’s Bluetooth system.”

DeAndre was frantically waving his hands to let Anthwan know that his presence must not be made known to Azania.

“So spit it out” Anthwan continued.

“Ok…I was wondering if you could please text me DeAndre’s number?”

Now she had his full attention, it was not that she did not have his attention before but he was sulking in the corner while she was talking to Anthwan. She could not pick up the phone to call him but she could call his friend? That’s shady.

“Don’t you already have his number?” Anthwan asked.

“No I deleted it.”

“Why?”

“It’s a long story” Azania replied. “So will you please text it to me?”

“Ok but you have to tell me something first.”

“What?”

“Why did you leave without saying goodbye?”

DeAndre tried to act like he was not phased but he would also like to know why she just left like that. It bothered him and Anthwan being his friend knew that it did. He was just not sure that he would be okay with the answer that she was going to give.

“It was not intentional.”

“What did you mean it was not intentional?”

“I was on my way to DeAndre’s room to say goodbye to you guys but when I got there, he had company.”

“He had company, so what?”

“It seemed like it was his parents. I did not want to make things awkward.”

“Awkward how?”

That question was just about to leave his lips but luckily Anthwan asked it before he could blow his cover.

“I am a strange woman, his parents do not know me. My presence there might have not been welcomed. Now are you going to give me the number or not?”

So she just didn’t leave. What she said made sense but she had nothing to worry about. His parents were good peoples. Well his mom might have jumped to her own conclusions but still, they would not have made her feel unwelcomed.

“I will text you the number as soon as I get home.”

“Thanks Anthwan.”

“You owe me.”

“I know I do. Bye.”

“Bye.”

After making sure that he had hung up, Anthwan turned to DeAndre. “See she didn’t just leave. No you can put your mind at ease.”

DeAndre did not bother to respond. Anthwan left him to his own thoughts and turned on the radio to some old school Hip Hop, Da Brat featuring Notorious B.I.G’s Da B Side started playing. He felt his body relax into the chair and he closed his eyes. He now knew her reasons for leaving without saying goodbye.

================================

It’s not edited, grammar is not on fleek.

Thank you for still rocking with me day ones to one thousand, I appreciate you guys. \(^^,)/

Welcome to the new members, I see you! \(",)/

I finally have been able to track down DeAndre (Travis Cure) and Anthwan (JJ James) and I have been drooling ever since. These guys are sooo fine! (/**,\)

Anywoooo vote, comment, share, add on your reading list. Thank you for all those comments, I love to hear from you guys!