CHAPTER EIGTHTEEN: "SAYING GOODBYE"

Start from the beginning

“Oh…”

“Yeah and I didn’t want to be a booty call, friends with benefits, in a flirtationship or a situationship.”

“Ok…so where to from here?”

“I just want us to be friends. He honestly is a cool guy, I enjoy his company and these past few days in the hospital made me realize that. Plus he didn’t try anything, so I’m sure that whatever phase he was going through is dead and gone.”

“Friends? You want to be that man’s friend? Are you sure about that?”

“Yes, he saved me. I can’t just keep ignoring him like I did in the past.”

“How do you see this thing playing out?”

“Like any other friendship.”

“According to my understanding that man repeatedly came on to you and you think that he is going to settle to just be your friend?”

“Yes. We have been doing fine these past few days. That man doesn’t want me like that anymore.”

Amber looked at her like she was delusional but all she said was “ok.” They had finally  reached their destination: her apartment.

“I’m going to take a quick shower and get comfortable. I smell like the hospital” Azania said smelling herself.

“Yes you do that and do something about that hair because it kinda looks dry” Amber said with a smile.

“You know what…forget you!” she said mugging her.

“I’m just messing with you” Amber laughed. “What do you wanna eat?”

“Pizza. I haven’t had that in a while.”

“Ok it will be here by the time you are done.”

Azania walked into her bathroom and stripped out of the sweatpants and sweater that she was wearing. She stood in front of the mirror and appraised herself. She didn’t feel like much at the moment. She had a deep purple bruise that covered her entire left side, from her shoulder-blade down to her hip . That was where she sustained most of her injuries. The bruises on her face did not look that bad, they were slowly but surely healing. Tears escaped from her eyes, she could have been raped or murdered. That man just had did not have pure intentions with her on that day. She was just happy that she never got to find out what they were. Not wanting to dwell on it anymore, she stepped into the shower and let the water wash more than her hair and body, she allowed the water to cleanse her soul.

******************************

He had gone to her room to bid his farewell and he found it empty. There was not a trace that she had been there, even the dozens of flowers were gone.

“Excuse me nurse” he stopped the nurse that had just passed the room. “I am looking for Azania Parker.”

“Azania Parker has been discharged a few hours ago. Her friend came to pick her up earlier this morning.”

“Thank you” he replied. So she just left, without even saying goodbye. He was crushed. He walked back to the reception area where Anthwan was waiting for him. His parents had visited him earlier this morning but he had to send them home. They were exhausted and he was not in a critical condition, so they had nothing to worry about. As soon as they saw the doctor and the doctor gave them his assurance that everything was ok, he sent them packing to get some much needed rest. He would see them at his home later on.

“That was quick” Anthwan said when DeAndre finally caught his attention. He was busy flirting with some nurse that looked almost twice his age.