› Forty-Seven / Stubborn ‹

Start from the beginning

For awhile, we just stayed there, holding each other. His familiar scent reminded me of home and safety. My mind wandered to when I did leave, how I did get a drunk.. That particular memory.

I had met Rick before.

"Rick?" He hummed a reply, telling me he's listening.

"Do you remember when we first met?" I questioned, seeing if he knew.

He nodded, "Daryl, Micho-"

I cut him off, "no, no, no. We met before then, at a one of those meetings where representatives from each county came and met in Atlanta," I explained, leaving room for him to catch on.

"You sat across from me, in this very uniform," he caught on, pointing to what I was wearing. I nodded smiling.

"You looked very nervous there, stuttering and that," he observed. I bursted out laughing at his comment making him confused.

 I bursted out laughing at his comment making him confused

"What?" he asked, not knowing why I was laughing.

"That was your fault," I said in between laughs.

"How was it mine?" he asked, still confused. His eyebrows were knitted together with confusion.

"You and your stupid looks and your stupid eyes and your stupid cute little face," I replied cheekily, poking his cheek. He grinned, showing his perfect teeth.

"I am pretty attractive," Rick replied cockily. I playfully punched his shoulder.

"I take back what I said," I rolled my eyes at how big his ego was.

The front door opened, I tensed, wondering who would just walk right in. Carl popped his head around the corner.

"I was taking big risk by coming in here," he commented. I blushed, knowing what he was on about.

"Carl," Rick said sternly, clearly not amused. Carl shrugged and grinned at us both. He walked right in and sat across from us.

"Where's Judith?" Rick questioned him.

"With Beth anyway, I came here to make sure you were getting along," Carl stated -- still smiling.

I raised an eyebrow at his statement.

"Did you expect us to argue?" I asked while still raising an eyebrow.

"Well.... You're both really stubborn and hard-headed, so maybe," Carl answered. 

I chuckled while Rick stayed quiet.

"I'm not stubborn," Rick disagreed. I started laughing again.

"You are," Carl and I said in unison. Rick scoffed and rolled his eyes, obviously disagreeing.

"Actually, I came here to ask you something Jordan," Carl changed the subject

"Actually, I came here to ask you something Jordan," Carl changed the subject. I bit my lip, unsure of what he was going to ask. Rick tensed beside me, making me worry.

"Uh, what's up?" I answered. I sat up straighter, trying to avoid looking like I was nervous.

"I was wondering if you'd... allow Judy and I to call you Mom.. I mean since.. Um.. You and Dad are together and well we want you to be our Mom... I'm not saying you'll replace her but you know what I mean," Carl stuttered. I gulped. That's all he wanted to ask?

I stood up and walked over to the couch he was sitting on. I wrapped my arms around him.

"Of course you can," I exclaimed, making him hug me back tighter.

"I want Judith to know about her real Mom though," Carl stated clearly. I nodded in agreement.

"I could never replace her," I mumbled back. I let go of Carl and looked towards Rick, who was warmly smiling at Carl and I.

"I think you're right Jords, things might just work here..." Rick said confidently.