Prince's Purple Reign

Start from the beginning

"I mean I could've just opened the door naked." I cut my eyes at her. I regret giving her a key to my house. I'll never know the different between her and a murderer coming in. Maybe the murderer will be quiet.

"You don't have anything I haven't seen before" She sat down in my fluffy chair and stared at me. Then she bolted up out the seat and started walking around the room. "So what's up? How's the new album going? How's the boys tour going? I haven't gone to see a show yet."

"The album is going great actually. I'm just doing a lot of writing and recording at this point. Just getting a feel for what I want the album to say to people and their tour is doing really well actually. Highest grossing tour of any tour they've ever done.." I closed the room door and picked my towel up off the floor and threw it in the hamper.

"Really?!? That's good. Michael still donating his proceeds to charity?" She asked, all while opening my box of chocolates that a fan gave me yesterday while I was shopping.

"Yeah you know how he is, my baby wants to save the world."

"Awww he's such a cutie."

"I know right!" I figured now it just a good a time as any to get dressed, and I've known Hannah forever so I got naked and started lotioning up. This would be way out of line with anybody else but with her it's not even a thought.

"Oh yeah I got this for you today, Prince's people sent it to Veronica's office and she told me to give it to you." and my eyes got wide. I didn't even finish clasping my bra before I ran and snatched it from her.

"Girl control ya' titties before you start snatching stuff." I didn't even care I opened the envelope and it had two tickets for his movie premiere in it. I took them out and held them up. They were a metallic purple color and had "Purple Rain Premiere VIP" in holographic letters. These tickets were prettier than me.

"Are those tickets to see Purple Rain." She snatched them from me "Girl I heard this movie was supposed to be hot. The trailer looks like it's poppin'." Hannah plopped down on my bed. I clasped my bra and walked towards closet.

"But why are there two?" I asked, holding up a dress on myself. I shook my head and hung it back up. I pulled out a pair of black running tights and the sports bra to match. We're just going to check out possible sight for a music video. So no need to dress up really.

"I don't know, maybe it's one for you and one for me."

"Yeah probably." I shrugged and pulled on my sports bra. I don't know why I wore both bras. But it did make my tits took bigger than what they were. At least to me. I'm about to be 19 and my tits are still small. I got ass so it's okay.

"Or maybe one for you and one for Michael?"

"No.....no way Prince wouldn't do that. I haven't seen him in what 2 years. He wouldn't be that petty?" I looked up at her, unsure. "Would he?"

"I don't know would he?" she raised her brow at me. You know, her doing that wouldn't be as intimidating if her eyebrows weren't so well done.

"Well Michael can't come anyway..he's on tour there problem solved."

"Actually, he comes home for a break 4 days before the premiere."

"Well I mean, I don't have to take him to the premiere. I can take you so there now problem solved." I grabbed my adidas bag and slung it over my back. "Let's go"

"OK, say you do take me, what about Michael? Are you going to tell him your going to his biggest rival's movie premiere."

"I mean he can't be that ma-"

"And what about the press? I can see the tabloids now Michael Jackson's Girl Parties with Sex Crazed Rockstar While He's Away."

"Ok bu-"

"What about the fans. Michael Jackson fans are serious, ok they don't play about their baby, they will send you death threats girl they don't play."

"Ok now your jus-"

"And what about me? If one of them put they hands on your i'm gonna have to stab her. Then I'll be in jail because assault is what? At least 8 to 9 years. That will ruin all the credibility I've worked my whole life to gain. I'll never get another directing job again. I'll be black listed from Hollywood. I'll lose my house, my car, everything all because of you."

I dropped my bag and sat on the floor indian style. "Ok so what do you suggest because I'm going to the premiere regardless"

"Ok here's my plan. You take me but you also take Veronica. She's your manager so you'll look as if your scouting talent rather than hooking up with an old friend. The plus side is the press doesn't know that you guys know each other. It could seem as if your planning a collabaration instead of making amends or whatever your doing I don't know."

"Ok ok...so what do I do if they ask me about Prince."

"Be really generic about it. Say stuff like he's a great artist, very talented, you loved the album. Blah blah blah you could even say your a big fan. Keep it simple. Don't pour out your feelings. You know your dramatic." I rolled my eyes at her. "So do you still wanna go?" She asked clutching the tickets to her chest. I groaned and fell back and laid on the floor.

"Whatever I guess."

"Yes!!" She yelled and heard her open my bedside drawer. "I'm going to place them in here so don't lose them."
I held up my arm and gave her a thumbs up.

"Oh cheer up Jas, everything is gonna be fine." I sat up and looked at her.

"Yeah because you made me feel a lot better about the situation."

"Girl shut up we have to go shopping but we'll go when we leave the Cathedral and we have to wear lots and lots of purple because everyone is go-"

"Wait why are we going early the premiere isn't until July 27th."

"And?"

"It's the 10th." I reminded her.

"Your point?"

"Don't you think it's a little early to go shopping."

"What? I want some new red bottoms."

"Oh I thought you were talking about the premiere."

"Girl we gonna have you in designer. I'll have Veronica to set up a meeting with your stylist, makeup artist, and Gianmarco Lorenzi. I see a black sparkle two piece."

"With matching glitter pumps, black vintage Chanel earrings, and a black faux fur jacket." I added in.

"Big hair, I'm talking Dolly Parton's tits big."

"Purple lipstick and a cat wing that could cut glass."

"That's why you my best friend." We gave each other a high five. She grabbed her keys and got up off the bed. "Let's go or we're gonna be late, just because I'm hood don't mean I ain't punctual."