Chapter 15

Dan's POV

I look around the room I'm in frantically, looking for any sign that I can escape. Seeing none, I sigh, leaning back against the far wall, hands cuffed, and looking out of the cell bars.

Phil said that he was going to do everything he could to help me. He will.

Right?

I hope so.

My birthdays less than a week away and I really don't want to turn for the first time down here. It's cramped in here, no place for a wolf, and not to mention incredibly dangerous. What if I accidentally hurt Phil? I'd never forgive myself.

I sigh once again, closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep with tears streaming down my face.

__________________________

I wake up to the loud clang of metal on metal as the guard from earlier slides my door open just long enough to quickly push a tray of food toward me. At least they're considerate enough not to let me starve.

I timidly crawl toward just a simple tray of mashed potatoes, a little bit of beef, and a glass of water. I eat eagerly, not having consumed much today anyway.

With a wipe of my mouth, I slide the tray away from me, moving back toward the wall where I feel the safest. I wish I at least knew the time. I'd imagine that it must be at least five by now.

I decide to lie down again, some pointy rocks digging into my back, but ignore them. I put my hands behind my head as a makeshift pillow. Phil will save you, Dan. He loves you. And I love him.

I smile softly, once again drifting into a sleep with dreams filled with my boyfriend.

My Phil.

This sucks, but I don't really care. Also, sorry for the shortness.