Chapter 27

Troye's POV

"I'm so excited!" I say, pushing the door open to the nail salon and pulling Connor inside. "You should get yours done with me. Just this one time"

"I was just gonna watch you" Connor says and I smile.

"Please" I say and pout at him. "It'll be fun" I say and wiggle my eyebrows to which he laughs.

"Okay. I guess it won't hurt" Connor says, knowing he can't win.

"Your girlfriend here?" A woman asks at the front counter.

"Um. No actually. We were wondering if you could fit us in anywhere?" Connor asks and I smile.

"You want your nails done?" She asks, squinting her eyes up in confusion and we both nod. "Well this has never happened before. Come on over" she says and walks toward the direction of one really long table that has several chairs lined up and down it. She puts us in chairs right next to each other and then leaves, telling us that people will be over here soon to do our nails.

"Look at all this stuff! I had no idea this much went into doing nails" Connor says and I nod.

"I didn't either. And there are so many different colors too" I say pointing to the wall that has at least a few hundred different bottles of nail polish lined up on shelves.

"It's going to be hard to choose" he says and I nod. There are so many different shades of each color. It's amazing.

"Hello! How are you guys doing?" A peppy woman with long black hair asks. She sits down in front of Connor and takes his hands, pulling them closer to her.

"Great! Excited!" I say and she smiles in my direction.

"This your first time?" She asks and we both nod. "Well then I'm excited too. So let's get started. What's your names?" She asks. We tell her and she smiles. "Those are lovely. Oh, sorry Troye. I forgot to say someone will be out here with you in just a minute. She is working on someone else but she's almost done" she says and I nod.

"You can probably tell I've never had this done before. My nails look absolutely terrible" Connor says and she smiles.

"That's fine. They aren't the worst I've seen, trust me. So what do you want done today?" She asks and Connor shrugs and looks at me for help. I shake my head showing that I know just as much as he does and she laughs.

"I guess just do whatever you want. You're the professional here" he says and she nods before getting out a fingernail file and going to work. Just then another lady with a pixie cut sits in front of me.

"Hey! How's it going?" She asks and I smile.

"Great! I'm excited" I say and she laughs.

"Your first time?"

"Can you tell?" I ask and she laughs again. She pulls one of my hands toward her and looks at my nails closely.

"Not too bad. What do you want done today?" She asks and I shrug. I think she realizes that I have no idea what I want and she smiles. "Well what's your favorite color?"

"Blue. But not a dark blue. A light blue" I say and she nods.

"I can do that" she says and then starts filing down my fingernails to shape them right.