Chapter 23

Connor's POV

Its absolutely beautiful outside. It's the perfect weather to be out in my opinion. It's just chilly enough to need a coat but that doesn't bother me. I actually prefer this to the blistering heat of the summer.

Troye and I are walking through the beautiful colors  in silence, our fingers laced together and fitting like matching puzzle pieces. Both of us are enjoying the view of everything. The trees are at the point where their leaves are different shades of red, orange, and yellow. They are absolutely beautiful. The sky is almost clear. There are just a few white puffy clouds. Nothing to threaten the wonderful weather.

"Thank you" Troye says from beside me, so quietly I almost miss it. He stops us and turns to face me directly, grabbing my other hand so I can't turn anywhere else.

"For what? I haven't done anything special" I ask. I'm sure he can see the confusion on my face.

"Everything about you is special, Connor. You're special to me" he says and smiles. I break one of my hands free to brush a piece of his hair gently back into place.

"I'm not anymore special than the next person" I say and he shakes his head.

"Yes. You are. Please believe that. In my eyes, you're perfect. Everything about you is amazing in every way. I love how you're so caring. You might have not even thought twice about it but, back at your house, when you double checked to make sure I was okay with maybe being even the slightest bit uncomfortable in the cold. That made me feel so amazing. And you even asking makes you special. Not many people would've bothered to even ask"  he says and I shake my head. I was just raised that way. I'm used to it. I don't think that's very special.

"I'm not perfect by far" I say and he smiles. He pulls me into a hug and lays his head on my shoulder.

"You're about as close as it gets, Connor Franta"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I've always loved this place. I used to come here all the time when I was little. Just when I needed to get away from my siblings. This is the perfect place for any time you need peace and quiet" Troye says, laying back against a tree and closing his eyes. He looks so peaceful. Like he doesn't have a care in the world. Like he could stay right here forever and that would be okay.

We are back at the waterfall and I'm still amazed at how beautiful it is. I don't think I could ever get used to it. How perfectly the water falls over the rock and into the blue water. But this beauty still doesn't compare to the beauty beside me.

"Do you still come here a lot?" I ask and he opens his eyes and looks over at me. He shrugs.

"I guess. Most of the time now, I just wait until it's really late and go to the roof. I still come here occasionally though. It's a really good place to write" he says. I nod and he scoots closer. I grab his hand and bring it up to my lips. I kiss the top softly and he smiles at me.

"You're beautiful" I whisper softly and reach up to move another piece of hair out of his eyes. He  blushed and shakes his head.

"This is coming from a god himself" he says and I laugh.

"Not quite" I say but Troye shakes his head. He lays his head on my shoulder and I hear him sigh softly.

"How do you do it?" He asks.

"Elaborate please"

"How are you so nice to people all the time? I can most the time but I have episodes where I snap and I hate it so much" he says. I kiss the top of his hand again.

"I snap sometimes too. Sure, it may not be as much as most people but I do. I just love the feeling I get when I make other people happy. It's euphoric to me I guess. In a sense. I just love making people feel good about themselves" I say and I feel Troye nod but he doesn't say anything.

A moment later, I feel Troye shift slightly before I feel his soft lips on my neck. I hum in appreciation and I feel Troye  smile against my skin. He kisses, slowly, up my neck and to my lips. Our kiss is slow, unlike some of the ones before, with our lips moving at the perfect pace. When neither of us can bare the lack of oxygen, we pull away. Troye smiles at me and pecks me on the lips one last time. Even the small little things like that send fireworks all throughout my entire body, unlike anything I've ever felt before.

"I really like you, Connor" he says and I smile. I kiss the top of his head softly before replying.

"I really like you, Troye" he smiles and looks down at our hands that are still holding each other.

"Can I ask you something? And don't get mad at it being cliche" he asks and I nod my head. "What are we?" He asks and I smile.

"Cliche questions deserve cliche answers" I say and he smiles.

"Well what is your cliche answer?" He asks and I smile.

"We are whatever you want us to be, Troye" I say and he smiles.

"Cliche indeed" he says and giggles slightly before looking at me more seriously. "What do you want us to be. You let me do what I want all the time, so what do you want?" He says and I smile.

"Well, I want you to, if you want, to go to the winter formal with me" I say and he nods.

"Of course. Is that all you want" he asks and I shake my head. "What do you want?" I take a minute to think. Should I tell him? Should I tell him that I'm falling in love. Should I tell him that Im falling in love with him? I want to tell him, and I want him to tell me that he feels the same way and I think he will but, there's still the chance that he won't love me back. That he doesn't feel the same way.

"I need to tell you something. And you don't have to say it back,but, I love you, Troye Sivan. I really do. I know that we've only known each other for a short amount of time but I do. I do love you" I say and he looks at me with a blank expression which scares me. I have no idea what's on his mind and that absolutely terrifies me.

"Connor" he says, his face still blank. He looks me in the eyes and shakes his head before laughing slightly. "You look absolutely terrified"

"Well yea. I just told you that I love you and I have no idea what you're thinking. That's kind of terrifying" I say and laugh nervously.

"I love you, Connor"

A/N well there that is. I never thought I would make it to this point honestly but I'm so glad I did. And I'm so glad that you all made it this point with me. It means a lot.

Please tell me your thoughts on this chapter. Was it too much? Was it too cliché? I tried my best?

Thank you all for reading this far if you did. I have to go before I pass out though! And it's not even that late. It's only 11:00 and I'm exhausted. Oh well. I at least got a chapter done before I died!

I hope you all had an amazing day!! I know I did!!!! Thank you all so so so much for reading and voting and all that mess. It makes me really happy that you took that extra second to press the little star and letting me know that what I'm putting out there isnt complete trash. It means so much and I love you all so hardcore. I wouldn't have kept writing if it wasn't for you guys!!

Okay I'm literally about to die. Goodnight!! For me anyways. I love you all!! Bye!!!