Chapter 1

Troye's POV

"Hey Troye! Do you have anything planned later. I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go get some lunch or something after school. Well it's not really lunch but whatever. Troye. Troye. Are you even listening to me?"

A pair of fingers snap in front of my face bringing me back to the real world. I look up and see my best friend, Tyler Oakley, standing in front of me with an amused expression on his face.

"What's the question?" I ask and he laughs.

"Do you want to go get something to eat after school?"

"Oh. Yea. Sure. Sorry" he just laughs.

"Where do you go"

"What do you mean?" I ask,confused.

"When you zone out like that. Where do you go? What do you think about?"

"I don't know. A little bit of everything but nothing at the same time. That doesn't make sense does it?" I say and he smirks and shakes his head.

"I never know what's going on up there. You'd think with as long as we've been friends I'd at least have the slightest idea but I really don't. I still don't have you fully figured out Troye"

"No you don't. But one day" I say laughing.

"If you say so" he says smiling and shaking his head. At that moment the teacher walks in and I zone out again to wherever it is I go and stay there until the bell rings dismissing us. I get my stuff together and grab my bag and then turn to see if Tyler is ready.

"This dang bag!" He says while violently trying to pull it off the chair with one hand, his other full of books.

"Here. Give me your books before you hurt yourself" I say, laughing.

"Haha very funny" he says, giving me his books and then carefully removing his bag from the chair. "Why is it always me that makes a fool of myself?" He says laughing.

"It's ok. No one else saw you" I say laughing.

"I'm so accident prone"

We walk out of the classroom laughing and make our way to our lockers. We talk about nothing while on our way to our lockers, bumping into a few people in the crowded hallway of rushing people trying to leave. I don't blame them.

"I'm so glad I don't have homework" I say and Tyler sighs.

"Lucky you. I have to write an essay for English. I don't even know what it's on. I'll have to ask someone. Oh well"

"If you would finish them in class you wouldn't have homework. She always gives us time in class"

"Yea. I know. But there are some really attractive guys in my class. Do you know how hard it is to focus when the hottest guy in school is sitting right in front of you Troye? It's terrible and a blessing at the same time" he says placing his hand over his heart.

"I'm sure it is" I laugh at him.

"Uggh. Whatever. Let's get out of here" he says and we walk out the door. Tyler is openly gay at our school. He lost quite a few friends because of it. It used to not be just 'Troye and Tyler'. We actually had a pretty decent sized group of friends. There was this guy named Alex. And Joseph and Sean. Tyler called us all over one day to come to his house because he had to tell us something he'd wanted to tell us for a while.

Flashback

I'm driving to Tyler's house. He just called me telling me he needed to tell all us guys something really important that he thought we deserved to know. He sounded scared so I'm driving as fast as possible without dying or getting pulled over. What could be this important?

I finally make it to Tyler's house and run to the door. I knock three times before barging in, yelling a quick hello to Tyler's mom who is in the kitchen, and then running upstairs to Tyler's room. I open the door and see a very small looking Tyler sitting on his bed. He looks so small and scared. I just want to hug him and never let him go.

"Please don't hate me" are the first words he says when I walk in the door.

"Tyler no. I could never hate you. No matter what" I say and walk over, wrapping him in a hug. He hugged me back but continued to cry. "It's going to be ok. Everything is going to be fine. No matter what I'll never leave you. No matter what" I say still holding him. I can't stand seeing him like this.

"Hey guys! Oh god Tyler. Are you okay?" Sean says as he walks in followed by Alex and Joseph.

"Yea obviously" Tyler says, his words thick with sarcasm.

"I'm sorry. I'm not good at comforting people"

"It's ok. I'm just really nervous. I didn't mean to snap at you"

"It's no big deal so what is it that you need to tell us" Sean asks and everyone gets in a circle around Tyler.

"This is really hard for me and I hope you guys are understanding and don't hate me but I know at least one of you won't be okay with this but I'm still going to tell you anyways because you all deserve to know" Tyler says so fast I almost can't understand him.

"It'll be fine" Alex says, his face full of concern.

"If you say so" Tyler says, taking in a deep breath and then he starts talking. "So I've know for a few years now but I've never had the guts to tell you guys. Oh my god. This is terrifying. Should I just be blunt?" He asks. He really doesn't want to tell us. We all nod our heads saying that he should be blunt. I'll get the full story out of him later.

"Ok. Here it goes. I'm. I can't do this"

"Tyler it will be fine"

"I'm gay" he finally spits out. Why was he so worried about that. It's not like-

"You're what?" Alex says, eyes wide. "I can't believe I was ever friends with you. You disgust me" he says and gets up and walks out the door making Tyler cry even harder than he was before.

After that Joseph gets up and follows Alex out of the room leaving Tyler, Sean, and me sitting in silence.

"Remember what I said earlier. About never hating you. No matter what" I ask and Tyler nods. He looks scared, like I'm going to say I was lying and leave. "I meant it. You could do almost literally anything and I would stay by your side" I say and get up and walk over to him wrapping him in a hug and letting him cry into my shoulder.

"Same here. I'm not leaving. There's no way. You've helped me through so much Tyler. And I couldn't leave your awesomeness. They're just douches" Sean says smiling.

"Thank you guys. So much"

~~~~~~~end of flashback~~~~~~~

Later that year Sean had to move away with his parents because of something with their work. So that just left me and Tyler. And we've been fine. We do miss Sean though. There were a lot of tears when he left but we made it through it. Sean still keeps in touch.

A/N: hey guys! Sorry for the suckiness. I'll try to fix that. If you see anything I could fix like spelling and grammar mistakes please tell me. I don't have much writing experience but I'm trying. Thanks for reading and I'll update as soon as possible. Love you guys!!!! Bye!!