Chapter 4

Connor's POV

After mom and I get our coffee, we leave the small shop and decide to take a walk around the really small town. There is a small grocery store, two small restaurants, and a park. We decide to go take a walk around the park.

"This is a gorgeous place" mom says, looking around in awe.

"It really is. I feel like I'll be here a lot" I say. It really is a pretty place. Small, but pretty.

There is a small little play area for kids that has a slide, swing set, and monkey bars. Then there is a track that you can walk around that is decently long. Along the way there are little resting places that are gorgeous. It's like these long benches connected to an overhang. Up the poles connecting them are vines and small little flowers. It's really pretty. I love this place already.

"I forgot to ask you, Connor. Who was that boy back at the coffee shop" she asks me.

"He said his name was Tyler and he goes to the same school that I will start at on Monday. His friend in there that was sitting over by the windows name was Troye. He also goes to that school. He said that if we have classes together he would show me around and everything. He seemed nice" I say and she nods. I take another sip of my coffee and look around. It's starting to get dark.

"Oh this place really is amazing but it's getting dark. We should probably head out" mom says and I nod. We finish our walk around the track and make our way towards the house.

Troye's POV

Tyler and I finish off our coffee and go back to Tyler's car. He drops me off back at school by my car and we say our goodbyes. I get in my car and start the short journey back home. I turn up the radio and sing along to the song that's playing, which is Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots. It's a bummer this is the only song they ever play by them. They have some good ones.

I get home and run inside. Thank god it's Friday. I hate school.

"Troye. Is that you?" I hear my mom call from the kitchen.

"Yea. It's me. I went out for coffee with Tyler after school. Sorry I forgot to tell you"

"It's fine. Tyler is a good boy. And I trust that you're telling the truth. Just tell me next time" she says and I nod. She wraps me in a hug and asks how my day was.

"Eh. Same as every other day. But I did figure out we are having a new guy come to our school on Monday. He just so happened to be in the coffee shop. He's so cute mom. You don't even understand. I hope I have some of the same classes as him. His name is Connor I didn't talk to him but you know Tyler wasn't scared to" I say chuckling.

"Maybe you could get to know him. But I have to approve before y'all decide to run away together"

"He probably isn't even gay mom"

"I'm sure you could change that" she says and I laugh.

"I don't thank it works like that" I say smiling and she laughs. "I'm going upstairs. Will you call me down when dinner is ready?"

"Now why would I do that Troye? Yes, I'll call you down when dinner is ready" she says teasingly causing me to smile.

I walk upstairs to my room and close the door behind me. I throw my backpack on my bed and go over to the piano in the corner of my room. I play through what I already have written of my song and then play a few different chords trying to figure out what sounds best. After an hour or so of playing around, getting mad, and then really excited, my mom calls me down for dinner.

I sit down at my usual place at the table followed by my brother, Tyde and my sister Sage. We all fix our plates and begin to eat.

"So, Troye" Sage says teasingly and I groan. Where is she going with this? "A little bird told me that you've got your eyes on the new guy" she says wiggling her eyebrows. I blush and groan.

"Shut up" I say smiling.

"What does he look like?" She continues on.

"Wouldn't you like to know," I say smirking and take another bite of my food. She groans and everybody goes back to their food. After we finish I wash the dishes because it's my night. Sage, Tyde, and I all take turns doing the dishes. After I'm done with the dishes I go back up to room to grab clothes for a shower.

I go into the bathroom and lock the door behind me. I remove my clothes and look at my pale body in the mirror, noticing all my flaws. I can't help it. It's like I can't see the good things but only the bad. I try talking to my sister about it, asking her ways I can help myself so I won't feel so uncomfortable in my body but she always just tells me I look fine and that I have nothing to worry about.

Every time I look in the mirror all I see is how pale I am. How skinny I am. That weird birthmark under my eye. My skinny  legs. I see all the bad. And nothing good.

I finally look away from the mirror and hop in the shower. I turn the water on hot and close my eyes, enjoying the warm water rolling down my chest. I sit like this for a few more minutes before washing my hair and body and stepping out of the shower. I dry off and put my clothes on before looking in the mirror. I see my hair draped across my forehead, starting to form curls. I usually have my hair up in a quiff because I'm really not sure how I feel about the whole curl thing. I've thought about letting my hair go natural but I always decide against it. Maybe one day.

I walk down the hall, back to my room and throw myself in bed. I go to sleep almost immediately and have a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

A/N. Hello again. Sorry for the filler chapter but I don't have any good ideas. I'll try to me more creative later on. Bye!!!