Chapter 24

Connor's POV

"Thank you" I say as we reach my doorstep. I watch as Troye cocks his head to the side in confusion and I smile at his cuteness.

"For what?" He asks. I lean down and peck him on the lips before resting my forehead on his.

"For everything. For helping me get through my first few weeks at a new school. For helping me gain friends and being a friend to me even when you didn't really know me. And especially, for making me feel wanted, Troye Sivan" I say and he smiles.

"Of course" he says and pecks me on the lips again. I smile at him one last time as he leaves to walk the short distance to his house. I sigh happily as I watch him disappear into his house and then open the door to my own.

"I'm back mom!" I call out. I'm confused when I don't get a response. "Mom?" I call out and once again don't get a response. Her car was in the driveway. I know she's here.

I go into the kitchen but am greeted by the sight of emptiness. She isn't there. I check in the dining room, living room, the bathrooms and all upstairs until finally there is one room left and that is her room.

I approach it slowly, knowing that this has to be where she is. I know softly and wait to see if she says anything. I listen closely for a few minutes until I realize that there are soft cries coming from the other side. I open the door and poke my head in to make sure she's okay.

"Mom?" I rush over and cradle her in a hug. She's sitting on the edge of the bed, holding a picture of all of our family before the accident. Before the terrible car accident that ruined everything.

My mom and I had decided to stay home because our favorite tv show was on and there was nothing else on our minds. It was late on a Friday night and my siblings were all arguing about what movie to rent for us to watch later so dad said he would take them all to the movie place so they could find one they could agree on. On the way there, they were met by a drunk driver that killed my father and oldest brother on impact sense they were in front. My sister and little brother were rushed to the hospital but there was so much damage done, I honestly don't think there was a way we could have saved them.

"I just miss them so much" she says and sobs into my shirt. I rub her back softly and rock back and forth as if I'm trying to rock a baby to sleep.

"I know. I do too" I say as tears start to fall down my face.

"Why are people so dumb?! If that idiot wouldn't have been drinking and driving everything would be okay! You would still have a father and I would still have all my kids. I never ever imagined anything like this could ever happen to me, Connor, but now it has and I don't know what to do! It's just so frustrating knowing that the smallest things could've saved them. We could've told them to stay home. That we could watch a movie a different night. Or that idiot could've not been drinking. Or at least not been driving while he was like that"

"I know mom. It'll be okay. Everything happens for a reason. Please remember that"

"I try to"

After that we lay down and shortly after, she's cried herself to sleep. I slip out of the bed and go upstairs. When I make it to my room I close the door and fall up against it, instantly bursting into tears. I cry and cry and cry. I tear at my hair and yell, asking god how he could do this to us.

"What did we do to deserve this?" I ask the sky in between sobs. I cry for a few more minutes when there's a knock on my window. I look up slowly and see Troye sitting on the ledge of the window with a concerned look on his face. I run over and open my window, helping him come through my window. As soon as he's on his feet he wraps me in a hug, not even asking what's wrong, just whispering "shh" and "it will be okay. It will all be okay".

After about an hour of sobbing into Troye's chest, I'm all cried out and I lean back to look at Troye. I laugh slightly and shake my head.

"This is so unfair" I say and cover my face with my hands. I run my hands through my hair and shake my head again. "This is all so unfair".

Troye kisses the top of my head softly and rubs my back in a comforting way. "What's wrong, baby?" He asks and I sigh. There it is. I knew he was going to have to ask sooner or later.

"Did I ever tell you why we moved here?" I ask. He shakes his head and kisses the top of my head once again. "Well, about a year ago, my dad and three siblings had went to get us a movie to watch. Me and mom stayed home because our favorite show was on and we were not missing it for anything. Anyways, when they were on there way to the movie place, they were met by a drunk driver. And you can guess the rest"I pause for a second and take a deep breath. I've never told anyone this before. After a moment I carry on.

"Mom said that, maybe, a change of scenery would help us get better. Help us to maybe regain some of our happiness. For me, I met you, and I have gotten a lot better. Of course I'm still really really sad about it. I miss them every single day, but I'm doing better than mom and she doesn't deserve this kind of sadness. She doesn't and this isn't fair" I say, raising my voice slightly on the last few words. Troye pulls me even closer to him as I start to cry again.

"You're right. It isn't fair. You two don't deserve this. But life isn't fair and that sucks" he says and I nod. I, as weird as it sounds, appreciate him not saying sorry. I'm so sick of people saying that they're sorry. Sorry does nothing
Except make me feel worse. And that might be selfish but I can't help it.

"Thank you, Troye" I say and he kisses my forehead one last time. I look up at him for one of the first times sense he's got here and he smiles sadly.

"I love you" he whispers, and holds me until I fall asleep.

A/N Hey guys!!!!! How ya doin? I hope amazing.

I think I like this chapter because I feel like I haven't talked about Connor's dad and siblings enough. So this happened. I hope you like it!! Tell me what you think.

Thanks for reading and voting and commenting!!! Love you all so so much and hope you're doing well. Bye!!!!