ENDING 5/14: Ruki

(Next: Ayato)

-3 months later-
The Pack house was as quiet as ever, not including the sounds of repair to Y/N's guest room, or to the garden that had been destroyed as well. Additionally, the rising shouts between the vampires, and a couple of the werewolves who found themselves getting caught into the mess, until eventually the vampiric males began to leave one by one back to the farmhouse, and eventually back to Japan when things began to become too much for them.
It was as if Y/N was already dead to them, that the warmth and affection she had given was just a useless joke. She was like a fly whom had merely been squashed.
Though, Ruki could see the pain in his brothers; Azusa had once more began to cut himself, resulting in him having to go to the ER after the group found him laying behind the barn at the farmhouse soaking in his own blood, with Yuma staying by the youngest Mukami's side, not speaking, not eating, the vampire giant had locked himself into his own state of depression. Though, they all knew, that no one was worse off than Kou. The blond had been closest to the female than any of the others, with hours of working together and sharing familiar qualities. It was only a matter of time when his eyes became blank slates, when he made countless attempts to ruin his career by harming his face as he had done to his eye, it took Nick, Ruki, Grace, Subaru, and even Yui to stop him from leaving any physical damage. That moment completely terrified Ruki.
And what was worse was that he knew that the others were not much better off.
Thinking about the recent traumatic events brought a headache to Ruki, who was lying in a spare bed in the pack house, an arm covering his gray eyes. "Nigou, that's enough." Ruki ordered, feeling a tug at his sleeve.
Not trusting Kanato with the poor, clueless kitten, Ruki had brought Nigou to the pack house, much to the amusement of some werewolves, and in hopes of brightening Kou's own mood since he had affection for the feline as well. He did name it after all.

"Nigou?" The blond murmured as he slowly began to wake up, the drug that Grace had used to knock him out after his most recent attempt beginning to ware off.
"I don't want that Pureblood killing him over one of his tantrums." Ruki's voice immediately caught Kou's attention. "It'll be a hassle to hear Y/N crying over it when she wakes up."
"
If she wakes up." Kou corrected, his sleepy voice becoming bitter.
Ruki's lips were firmly shut, he closed his eyes and began to speak. "Kou-"
"Ruki, how can you continue to act so calm?! You're hurting on the inside as much as the rest of us, yet you act as if she's on a mini vacation instead of laying in a bed close to death!" Kou shouted, managing to scare the dark gray fluff ball that was cuddling his chest to dash under the bed.
The two were quiet afterwards, Kou sitting up and picking at the bandages that were wrapped around his fingers, his knuckles having bled after punching Subaru in attempt to get the albino to let go, and Ruki sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at where Nigou had dashed off.
"You haven't seen her since that night, Ruki. You don't know how bad she looks." Kou finally spoke up once more, pulling his knees to his chest and looking like an upset child to Ruki. "Even her parents have lost faith. They've stopped visiting, Grace said that they haven't left Ms. Jenkins place in the past two weeks, they're so depressed." He stated, voice almost close to a whisper as he spoke his question. "Why won't you try?"
Ruki flinched, Kou's hopeless tone was hinted with betrayal, and it hurt him even more than when the idol shouted at him.
"It's not me." Ruki finally responded, knowing what Kou was asking: Why hadn't he tried to awaken Y/N? He wouldn't openly admit it, but it was obvious by his expression, he was afraid of failing everyone if it didn't work: his brothers, Nick and Grace, the Sakamakis, Tsukinamis, her parents.
Himself.
"Neither are you. But, we need to do things she would have wanted." Ruki said, petting Nigou's head as the slowly growing cat jumped back onto the bed once deeming it was safe again. "You can't take care of him if you're hurt. So take care of both of yourselves." He stated, picking up the fur ball and placing it on Kou's lap, before he left the room.