Photograph 48: The Stranger

(A/N: You guys are either going to love me or hate me by the end of this chapter. Let's see how this goes.)

-Vixen Flea Market-Two Days Later-
"What kind of event is this?" Shin curiously asked as he and Y/N set up a stall among many others under a long tin canopy.
"It's not exactly an event, Dasai-kun. Though this is the Vixen Flea Market, which is set up once every month. Each stall sells something different, such as clothes or foods, even junk that the seller doesn't want. Then people from around town will come in to buy what they want or need." Y/N explained.
"So like an ordinary market?" Shin questioned.
"Exactly." Y/N smiled. "Except everything is really cheap."
Shin rubbed his chin in thought as Y/N hung a sign that read 'L/N Goodies' in front of their stall.
"Some help would be appreciated." Ruki huffed as he put two crates of carrots on one of the tables set up.
"Oops, sorry Mama Ruki." Y/N smiled innocently.
"Mama what?" Ruki scowled, though Y/N was already rushing towards the truck where the others were.
"Haha, his face was priceless S Hotaru-chan." Kou giggled as he handed the box of pumpkin seeds, all in cute little baggies, to Y/N.
"I bet. I just hope he won't kill me later." Y/N joked, before walking back to the stall.
"I doubt he'd ever kill her." Reiji rolled his eyes as he picked up a crate of onions.
"Hmm..? Why do you say that?" Kou smiled bitterly at the second eldest Sakamaki.
"You can't be that stupid, you." Carla stated as he took two crates of purple cabbage.
"Unfortunately, I'm not." Kou smirked, his hidden eye glowing red.
"Guys! Are you finished yet?!" Y/N called out to the group of males who were glaring at each other near the truck.
"Almost, Mausu-chan!" Laito gleefully exclaimed, grinning at some of the others as he walked towards the stall that Y/N, Yui, Shin, Ruki, and Azusa were.
"How dull." Shuu sighed as he followed his younger brother.

-4 hours later-
"I'll see ya at the firework show, Dawn!" Y/N smiled widely as she waved to the brunette woman.
Y/N sighed as she glanced around.
After attempting to get everyone to work together, Ayato and Shin's bickering caused Subaru to break one of the crates of vegetables. Which Yuma and Kou got upset about since they had helped grow the now smashed vegetables. With a bit more fighting, Y/N forced all of the males to separate and cool off while looking around the market.
Now it was just her, a still scared Yui, Ruki, and Reiji who both males refused to leave the stall.
"Maybe you should take a break, you look tired." Ruki commented to Y/N as he placed the change into a metal box.
"I'd love to take a look around, but..." Y/N glanced at the three Japanese people in front of her.
"Do you not trust us?" Reiji questioned, crossing his arms over his chest as he stared at her disapprovingly. Or that's how she felt his glare was.
"Actually, I trust you three the most." Y/N stated with an cheeky grin. "It's just that...Your people skills aren't the best." She concluded.
"What do you mean?"
Are they...pouting!? Y/N thought as she stared at the two older males who, as Y/N suggested, had their arms crossed over their chests as they looked anywhere but her.
Her and Yui glanced at each other and sweat dropped.
Y/N then sighed. "If you guys promise not to scare away any of the customers, I guess I can take a small brake."
"Sounds good to me." Ruki smirked and Reiji nodded in agreement.
Shaking her head with a grin, she grabbed her satchel and waved to the three before walking around aimlessly.
"Umph!" Y/N grunted as she suddenly collided into somebody.
Rubbing her forehead, the female was surprised to see a hand in front of her face. Glancing up, Y/N's (E/C) orbs locked into a pair of ruby red ones.
"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." A thick accent came from the attractive male as he helped up the young American.
"It's fine." Y/N laughed. "I guess I wasn't either." She said as she dusted off some dirt from her jeans.
"You look worried, is everything alright?" The man asked with a concerned gaze.
"Yes, I'm fine." Y/N lied right through her teeth. Through her walk so far she hadn't come across one of the Vampiric brothers, causing her to hope they weren't causing havoc somewhere for someone else. "Your accent, you're not from around here are ya?" Before the male could say anything, Y/N just had to ask.
Looking a bit amused, the male grinned and nodded.
"My father sent me here for a meeting with my brothers. I'm from Japan." The male said.
"Japan, really!?" Y/N asked with widened eyes.
"Have you visited there?" The male asked with a confused expression.
"You could say that." Y/N awkwardly laughed. "Anyways, why're you here to meet your brothers?" She curiously asked.
"I was told that they'd be here." He shrugged. "I haven't seen them at all, though." He then added.
"Then do you mind if I accompany you? I'm on a brake from my stall and haven't found any of my friends." Y/N smiled embarrassely as she rubbed the back of her neck.
"A pretty girl like you? I'd be honored if you would." The male chuckled, ruffling Y/N's hair.
"Great." Y/N grinned widely. "I'm Y/N." She introduced as she held out her hand to the foreign stranger.
"Nice to meet you, Y/N, I'm Kino."

(A/N: Ack! I feel like I made him too OOC, but I think I'm one of the firsts to actually put this brother into a fanfic, so maybe it's ok? No, it's not, I'm so sorry!)