Photograph 44: That's Why

-L/N Farm-June 20-
"Kanato! Ayato! Kou! Shin!" Y/N's shouts from the house could be heard all the way to the barn, causing the others to flinch.
"What did you do this time, you?" Carla glared at the two purebloods, Halfblood, and his younger brother.
"I don't know." The four looked concerned. What did we do!?
Y/N suddenly stomped out of the farm house and towards the barn, where it seemed everyone was currently gathered to see what had happened.
"Did you four eat the marble cake that was in the fridge?" Y/N scowled.
"No. We ate the chocolate and vanilla one." Shin said, causing the other three to facepalm.
"That is what it's called, Full blood." Ayato hissed out.
"Guys!" Y/N's dark tone suddenly turned to a whine. "That cake was meant for the party tomorrow! Don't you remember?!"

~Flashback~
"What do you got there, Mausu-chan?" Laito grinned as Subaru and Y/N walked into the kitchen.
Subaru holding bags of groceries, and Y/N a white box.
"It's a cake." Y/N answered.
"Cake?" Kanato instantly perked up.
"Oh no you don't! Now listen here, all of ya'll, this cake is off limits. It's for Gracey's birthday party. Understand?" The (H/C) questioned.
"Hai."

~End~
"Oops, sorry S Hotaru-chan." Kou awkwardly laughed while rubbing the back of his neck in embarassement.
Y/N huffed.
"Now what am I gonna do? Without a cake, the whole party is going to be ruined!" Y/N was now worried.
"Don't you think you're overreacting just a little bit, Kohitsuji?" Yuma grumbled, popping a sugar cube into his mouth.
"E-Eto...Those are for the horses..." Yui whispered, though not having the courage to stop Yuma from eating the pure sugary treat.
"If you think that, then you can help me make something in replace of the cake, Yum-kun!" Y/N exclaimed, causing Yuma to choke on the squared sugar in surprise.

___Quick Time Skip___
"Alright! So...What should we make?" Y/N questioned, flipping through her NaNa's cook book that was on the island.
After finally having chased the others out of the kitchen with a wooden spoon, she was ready to get to work!
Yuma...not as much.
"Whatever is easiest." Yuma grumbled, eating another cube of sugar.
"Tch, you're almost worse than Shuu." Y/N stated, rolling her eyes, before going back to flipping through the book.
The (H/C) then jumped in surprise when two large hands slammed on either side of her on the island's countertop. Turning around, her face was centimeters from an unhappy Yuma's.
"Don't compare me to that NEET!" He growled.
Y/N blinked. "Fine, as long as you behave and help me get this done quickly." Y/N stated, before turning back around and glancing through the book once again. Completely unphased.
There must be something wrong with her! Yuma thought, aggravated.
Eventually giving up on trying to understand the American, he leaned his chin on her shoulder, which she seemed not to notice, and looked at the different kind of desserts.
"What about that one?" He questioned, pointing to a Strawberry Shortcake recipe.
"Hmm...I think we actually got enough strawberries to make one." Y/N hummed. "Good job, Yum-kun!" She grinned, causing a slight blush to cover the Titan's cheeks.

~Y/N's POV~
"Why do you call me that?" Yum-kun asked as I began to gather the ingredients needed for the cake.
"Call you what?" I glanced at him obliviously, before grinning a bit in a teasing manner. "Ah, you mean 'Yum-kun'?"
Yuma nodded, and I tapped my chin, pretending to think over my answer. When really, there was none.
"To be honest with you, there's no specific reason as to why I call you that." I stated, chuckling softly as I could practically see the taller male deflate with my response.
"You're so weird." Yuma sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair.
Hmm...Someone remind me to try braiding his hair one day. I thought, getting distracted with the previous happenings. I guess I got too distracted, because I was suddenly pulled from my thoughts when I noticed Yuma's scowling face inches from my own.
"Why is it so hard to understand you?" He questioned in a sincerely confused tone.
I shrugged, pretending not to be affected by the giant Vampire's closeness. Really, though, like when I'm around most of these creeps, jitters ran up my spine. In a good or bad way, I'm not sure yet.
"I don't know, a lot of people ask me that, but in my opinion, I'm pretty easy to understand." I stated, slipping past Yuma so I could start gathering the ingredients for the cake we planned to bake. "For instance, if you really want to know why I gave you a nickname, it's simply because I feel close to you." While grabbing the strawberries from the fridge, I smiled as cheerfully as I could at the Mukami. "I also feel as if I can trust you, Yum-kun~!"
Chuckling, I poked Yuma's pink cheek as I walked pass him with the ingredients. Honestly, these boys are so easy to tease~ Even though what I had said is true.

~3rd POV~
Soon enough, the two began to make the batter for the cake. Yuma making a complete mess, and Y/N helping him clean it up.
"Ruki is the one who usually cooks for a reason." Yuma stated, though it was obvious that he was pouting about his lack of skill.
"Yes, well you never really tried anyways." Y/N replied, before sighing. "Come on, I'll show you how to make no messes." She said, placing her batter into a pan, then putting it into the oven, before turning to where Yuma was leaning against the sink.
"Why? You just finished making the batter." Yuma growled out, embarassed.
"Yes, well, knowing our idiots they'll probably try eating this cake as well." Y/N sighed in exasperation.
Our idiots? Yuma blinked, before hesitantly nodding in agreement.
Y/N grinned and then set up what was left to help make the second cake.
"Alright, let's start simple, pour water into this." Y/N stated, handing a measuring cup to Yuma.

___Quick Time Skip___
"Agh! Yuma, you're doing it wrong!" Y/N quickly took the bowl of the lumpy mixed ingredients from Yuma.
While helping Yuma create -more like fail- cake batter, she had also decorated her now finished cake.
I only turned away for five seconds to put the cake into the fridge. The (H/C) deadpanned.
"You need to stir it like this, not like you're mangling something to death." She stated, showing him how to stir the batter, before handing the bowl back to him so he can try.
"Why can't we just use that mixy thingy?" Yuma complained.
Y/N glared at him. "Because." She then pointed to her cake battered self, kitchen, and then at Yuma himself.
"Right." Yuma grumbled.
Stirring once more, he attempted to stir as Y/N had shown him. Why am I listening to a useless, weak Human again? Yuma scowled, getting lost in his thoughts as his stirring became unrhythmic once more.
Groaning, and not wanting to clean another mess, Y/N surprised Yuma by grabbing ahold of his hands. She was lucky he had a good hold on the bowl, or else he would've dropped it in his surprise.
"Like this, see?" Y/N helped him stir by using her hands to guide his own.
Blushing, Yuma nodded slowly as he allowed her to help him stir the batter.
Oh, right, that's why. Glancing at the (H/C), a smile tugged at the corners of Yuma's lips. She makes me do the most weirdest things.
Little did the two know of the glares sent their way by a few jealous males.

*~Extended Ending~*
"Y/N's sweets are the best! Right, Teddy Jr.?" Kanato smiled in his bliss, and some of the others nodded in agreement.
"Actually, Yum-kun made it." Y/N said, standing up from the dining table with her dishes, the others tensed up in their shock while Yuma looked embarassed. "I think what makes it taste so good is the extra sugar from the sugar cubes. Good job Yum-kun~" Y/N winked at the Titan.
"Oi!" Yuma blushed as he glared at Y/N, who simply laughed while walking into the kitchen.

(A/N: I think Yuma is the only one who hadn't bitten Y/N yet. Wowzers.)