Photograph 60: Don't Get Too Close

(WARNING: This chapter might get a bit intense.)

"Hello?" Y/N's voice wavered as she looked around the room in confusion.
The room that she appeared in had a mirror ground, and the walls were made of rainbow colored stained glass windows. In the middle of the room was a tall apple tree, in which had many fresh looking red apples hanging from it's branches. She had no clue how she got into such a peculiar place, but knew that she wanted out.
"Come here, my dear~" a sweet voice cooed.
Looking unsure, Y/N hesitantly moved towards the tree, where the voice had come from. "Who are you? And where am I?" The (H/C) scowled at a figure.
The figure, who was sitting in one of the higher branches, had golden blonde hair and emerald green eyes that followed every one of Y/N's movements, as a sickening sweet smile played on her wine red lips. "My name is Cleo, I am a goddess. As for you, you're in the Garden of Choice." The girl, who looked around Y/N's age, giggled.
"Why am I here?" Y/N asked.
"You're certainly no fun at all." Cleo pouted. "Straight to the point, though that's very convenient as well as obvious." The blonde sighed, leaning her chin on the palm of her hand.
"What do you mean by that?" Y/N questioned, pressing a hand to her forehead as she felt a headache beginning to form.
"You are here to choose the fate of your...friends? Or should I just call them your multiple lovers? Either way, that's the only reason you're here." Cleo giggled. She then appeared on a branch just above Y/N. "Now before you ask why you were chosen, it's actually quite simple. You see, you're a relative of mine, making you somewhat of a goddess I guess." She stated, waving her hand a bit in the air as if dismissing the fact.
"A goddess." The (H/C) mumbled, unsure. "You said that this is the Garden of Choices...Garden...So you must be the Snake!" Y/N exclaimed.
"It seems you're getting the hang of things!" Cleo clapped, almost like a proud mother. "Except it's not me who's the Snake, my dear, but you~!"
"I'm not going to be a part of this corrupted plan created by Karl!" Y/N sneered, crossing her arms over her chest and turning her back to the other woman.
"You poor thing." Cleo falsely sympathized as she appeared in front of Y/N, floating in the air while lying on her back. "Have you not realized it yet? Not one of us signed up for this, we were all forced. For you, you were forced the day you layed eyes on those Sakamaki brats."
"They're not brats!" Y/N shouted in their defense.
"You're completely right, they're monsters." Cleo sneered, the look of pureness on her porcelain face was replaced by that of dread.
"No, you're wrong." Y/N instantly declined, shaking her head back and forth as she backed up into the trunk of the tree.
"Oh please! The only thing they believe you're good for is blood! And for some of them, maybe even something more intense."
"No! They're not like that!"
"Oh no?" Cleo raised an eyebrow.
The blonde snapped her fingers, and the stained windows changed to different scenes. In each window it showed at least one of the Sakamaki brothers killing or doing unspeakable things to different girls, past Sacrificial Brides or innocent women Y/N wasn't sure. A different window showed the Tsukinami brothers trying to kill one another. And the rest of the windows showed the Mukami brothers sucking Y/N's blood until she layed limp in their arms.
All in all, the windows showed images that Y/N never wanted to see happen with the males in her life. And she couldn't look away, for she could only look at the ground, in which reflected the windows upon it's mirror surface.
"You might think that they're different. That they're changed since they met you. But you know as well as anybody that no one ever changes." Cleo sighed as she placed her hands on both of Y/N's shoulders. "Once a monster, always a monster." She whispered into the American's ear. "And it'll only get worse, especially since you'll die when the time comes, if they'll even choose to be with you that long. Maybe they'll leave you once you start dating someone who isn't them, like that Werewolf fellow of yours, and then they'll become even more malicious then they already are." The blonde stated, tapping her chin as if she was thinking of the various outcomes.
"You told me I was brought here to choose their fate...What exactly is it I'm doing?" Y/N asked, clenching her teeth together.
Cleo clapped her hands together and was once again sitting in the tree. "There are two things that you can do. Walk through this door," a bright red door suddenly appeared beside the tree. "And then everything will be as it had three years ago before you met those freaks and I'll make sure that none of this happens to you. Or, you take one bite of this," Cleo held out her hand, where one of the red apples that hung from the tree now sat in the palm of her hand. "And I can help you prevent what your friends will become." She smiled.
Y/N stared between her two choices, biting her lower lip. "If I walk through that door...Then I'll never end up meeting all of my new friends. I'll never learn all of the things that I have....But if I choose the apple, then they will be losing the only thing that makes them...them." She evaluated.
"How deep and touching." Cleo bluntly stated with a neutral expression. She then sighed in exasperation, as if Y/N was acting like a troublesome child. "Just know that if you do choose the door, one of your beloved friends will end up being the next Vampire King, and when that happens the world will be thrown into chaos." Cleo warned.
"And if I eat the apple? How are you going to prevent them from becoming even more 'monstrous'?" Y/N scowled. "I won't let them get hurt."
Cleo sighed dramatically. "If you do take the apple, I promise not to harm one single hair on each of their pretty little heads." She stated. "Goddess' promise." Cleo added, crossing her index finger over her heart.
Y/N sighed and glanced at the door longingly.

"I've made my descision."