Photograph 20: First Day on the Job

(A/N:Outfit for Day 1 is what you were wearing in the chapter before this, and the boots, hair, cloak, and jewelry you'll be wearing all around.)

Y/N grabbed onto the door knocker and knocked three times, as she kept her hand on Shuu's back assuringly as he leaned against her side, and she had him covered in her cloak.
The door opened, and Y/N saw the familiar 9-year old staring at her as his glasses glared in the light, causing Y/N to flinch slightly, and then she smiled softly.
"Hello, is an adult home?" Y/N asked, revealing Shuu, who had hidden his face under her cloak.
The younger Reiji glanced behind him.
"Okaa-San! A woman is here with Shuu!" Y/N felt Shuu flinch, and she slightly remembered from Reiji's lessons on Japanese that calling someone without an honorific or by first name was only allowed by parents or a sign of disrespect.
So even now Reiji and him didn't get along... She thought, then watched as the door opened wider, and there stood the blonde from earlier.
Shuu's and Reiji's mother.
"Shuu, get in here now." The woman said, causing Shuu to back up a bit and hide deeper into Y/N's cloak.
Y/N smiled nervously at the woman, then pulled her cloak off of Shuu and bent to his height, placing hers hands on his shoulders gently.
"It's ok, you'll be just fine, remember what I said earlier?" She asked.
Shuu bit his lip and looked at the ground. "There's no use crying over spilled milk." He mumbled.
Y/N smiled and kissed his forehead. "There ya go, be brave ok?" Shuu nodded and then walked into the building, and Y/N stood back up to her normal height, now staring at the woman, who had a blank expression on her face.
"I apologize if my son caused you any problems, Miss." She said calmly.
"Ah, him? No, no, of course not." He is a real pain in the ass in the future though. Y/N thought, rubbing the back of her neck, and then flinching as she touched the burn mark that had appeared when she sheltered Shuu from an explosion the fire had caused.
"Would you like to come in? I can take a look at your wound." Y/N looked surprised at the woman, who just earlier seemed cold and heartless to the younger girl.
"I-I wouldn't like to intrude or anything." Y/N quickly said.
"Follow me." The woman turned away from the door and began to walk away.
Glancing back and forth, Y/N sighed and followed the woman to a room that looked almost like a parlor.
"Sit down." The woman said, and so Y/N sat on one of the pink silk chairs, watching the woman go to a cabinet and pull out something.
"Put this on what hurts." The blonde said, handing a lotion like container to Y/N, who nodded and applied the medicine to the burns she could reach.
"What is your name?" The woman asked after a moment of silence.
"Oh, uh...L/N Dixie." Y/N answered, not wanting to give her actual name, in case it caused trouble later on.
What am I talking about, this is just a dream! Y/N scolded herself..
"What were you doing with my son, L/N-sama?" The woman asked.
"I was in the village." Y/N began. "One of the houses suddenly caught on fire, and your son tried to go in to save his friend, Edgar. I caught him just before a door could hurt him though, fire got ahold of my back, as you can see."
The woman's calm expression suddenly turned more sympathetic. "I see." Then, her blank expression returned.
"What sort of reward are you hoping for?"
Y/N's eyes widened. It almost sounds like she's accusing me of helping him because I wanted something! "Reward? No reward, this medicine is good enough. I just hope Shuu-San will be ok." Y/N told the woman, who's piercing gaze softened.
"I don't think there are any L/N's around here." She then said, causing Y/N to pale.
"A-ah, I'm from another country. I'm here...looking for a job and left my family behind." Y/N explained.
"I see...You seem to be able to take care of Shuu quite well." Y/N smiled softly.
"There's a lot of kids where I'm from, I helped at events so I guess it's just natural for me." She told the woman, who slowly nodded.
"If...You're still looking for a job, I will need to talk with the others, but would you be open to becoming our Nanny?"
Y/N's eyes widened in surprise.
"S-sure." What else could she have said?! She didn't know where the Mukami's were.
Hell, she didn't even know where she was! Plus...it'd be nice to see what had changed the brothers.
"Great, oh, I must apologize, I have yet to introduce myself. I am Sakamaki Beatrix. I shall introduce the others once the others agree on hiring you, until then, you can rest in a guest room till tomorrow." Y/N smiled happily.
"Thank you. Ah, and one other thing...do you have something I can wear? It seems I only have the clothes on my back at the moment."

-Sakamaki Mansion-Next Morning-
"She's really pretty! Don't you think Laito-nii?"
"Shh...! Ayato-nii, you might wake her."
"Hai, hai."
Y/N groaned softly and stretched, then opened her (E/C) eyes, only to be surprised when she saw two familiar green and a familiar purple set of eyes staring back at her.
"Good morning Nee-San!" The familiar red head beamed.
"E-eh?" Y/N asked, confused at first.
"Beatrix-sama said you're our new Nanny." The long haired boy said with a soft smile, and everything instantly came back to Y/N.
"A-ah, right." Suddenly, the door to the room opened and there stood the younger version of the familiar strict Vampire we all know.
"Stop swarming her you three." Younger Laito and Kanato were almost instantly away from Y/N, as Ayato took his own sweet time.
"L/N-sama, Okaa-San said that you must prepare breakfast, then introductions will be given." Young Reiji told, as Y/N nodded.
"Ok, I'll get right on it." She held up two thumbs, as Reiji rolled his eyes and the triplets giggled.

-Kitchen-
Y/N had changed into a dress given to her from Beatrix as soon as the boys left her room.
It had a black skirt and black sleeves, while the top was a crimson red. Y/N also wore the jewelry and boots she was wearing the day before, along with a black and red pair of gloves that were also given by Beatrix.
Y/N had made the same breakfast she had made the second day when the Sakamaki's had lived with her over the summer-eggs, bacon, grits, and pancakes. Just as she sat down the last plate, she didn't act at all surprised when a certain trio randomly appeared.
"It smells really good Nee-San." Kanato complemented as the triplets sat at the table and began to eat the food already served.
"It tastes good too!" Ayato said, mouth full as Y/N laughed softly. "Thanks, and Ayato don't speak with your mouth full." Y/N smiled.
Before either three could ask how she knew Ayato's name, Shuu and Reiji also came into the dining room with Beatrix close behind.
"Good morning Beatrix-sama." Y/N greeted, as Beatrix sent a nod in her direction and sat near the head of the table, her sons on either side of her. "Here is a list put together for today, I hope you know how to read." The woman said, holding out a piece of paper, in which Y/N took gladly and read over.
"Piece of cake." I've done more on the farm. Y/N smiled, as Beatrix eyed her slightly suspicious.
"Where are the others, if I may ask, Beatrix-sama?"
Beatrix sighed. "My husband is at work, and the others I could care less for." Y/N simply nodded, then noticed something else as she stared at the long table.
"And...Subaru?" Beatrix stopped eating the food for a moment. "Probably in the garden." She answered, before continuing to eat her food.