Chapter 34

It's been three days and I still haven't gotten any news from the FBI Club. Surprisingly, there was no sign of the note dropper in the past three days too. I guess she finally gave up and it finally came to her head that nothing, absolutely NOTHING, will tear me away from Marcel. I was really happy that she stopped, maybe even for good. I didn't think I could have handled another incident happening to me. I was up to my breaking point, so if one more thing happend, it would drive me over the line and I probably would have given up.

But what if the note dropper was just hatching a really big plan? A plan to push me too far and she will get what she wants. What if she tries to physically injure me? Would she take it that far? She would probably go to extreme lengths to get me and Marcel to break up. I started chewing my bottom lip nervously. I was being extremely paranoid, I don't think she would hurt me. If someone would hurt me just to break two people up so she can swoop in and date them has to be sick in the head.

I really couldn't even tell who can be doing this stuff. I had the strongest vibe that it was Mackenzie, but it couldn't be her. Her handwriting didn't match the handwriting on the note. Besides, why would she settle on one guy when he's taken? She is the most popular girl in school, the majority of the guys drool over her. She's had four boyfriends this year and it's only halfway through it. They were all on the football team and I heard she slept with each one of them. She can get any guy she wants so it couldn't be her.

It wasn't Gina either. Her handwriting was way neater than the handwriting on the note. I was really stupid to think that one of my best friends since kindergarten was out to get me like that. I was desperate to find the note dropper back then and I completely forgot that Gina was the most clumsy and accident prone person I know. I remember when we were both 10 and I was over her house. She tripped on the kitchen floor and there was a line of drink glasses nearby. Her elbow knocked down all the glasses and shattered all over the floor. And as for me, being the obnoxious friend that I was, just stood there and laughed for 20 minutes. I remembered that day so clearly, even though it happend 7 years ago.

I sat in my living room and held a bowl of popcorn in my hands. I was watching the movie "White Chicks" on the flat screen. I've watched the movie tons of times, and it still keeps me laughing. A movie like "White Chicks" never gets old. I grabbed a handful of popcorn and stuffed it in my mouth. I ate like an animal when I was alone, but hey, who am I trying to impress? At the part when there was a Yo Mama joke battle, I laughed so hard and almost choked on a popcorn kernel. Smart move Katrina. I smirked at myself and continued watching and stuffing myself with popcorn.

I blinked my eyes opened at the sound of Lana del Rey singing. I sat up and my phone was ringing. I must have dozed off during the movie. I grabbed my phone and an unfamiliar number appeared on the caller ID. I shrugged and answered. "Hello? Katrina?" a male voice says on the other line. "Yes it's Katrina" I reply. "It's Connor, the guy from the FBI club, I think I found the culprit" he states. "Really?!" I shouted excitedly. "Yeah, don't get mad when I tell you"