Chapter 18

I reread the note over and over. What kind of bad luck? I had to admit I was a bit scared but I'm pretty sure this was just a joke. Some low life is probably just trying to entertain herself by doing this immature prank. I crumbled the note up and threw it into the nearest trash can. I wasn't gonna let a dumb note try to scare me and split me up with Marcel.

The next day, I grabbed my gym clothes and went to the girl's locker room. I changed from my turquoise tank top and Jean shorts to my gray sweatshirt and sweatpants. I ran into the gym and sat on my assigned floor spot. Mr. Johnson blew his whistle to quiet us down. "Today we are playing dodge ball" he said. Some of the jocks cheered, yet some girls groaned. I love dodge ball, I was the best girl at it.

Mr. Johnson took four dodge balls out of the storage closet and set them in the middle of the gymnasium. He divided us into two seperate teams. I was the blue team with Marcel, Sarah, and a few other people. Gina and Laura were on the red team. "Ready..Set..Go!" Mr. Johnson shouted, blowing his whistle. I grabbed a ball and threw it at one of the jocks. It hit him in the chest and he was out. Marcel grabbed a ball too and threw it at Mackenzie.

She shrieked like a cat and stormed to the side of the gym where the "out" people were.

I laughed and gave Marcel a high five.

Ten minutes later, I have already hit about eight people. The red team was mostly full of the popular girls so it was really easy to hit them. I aimed a ball at one of Mackenzie's best friend, Penny and threw it. She had the same reaction as Mackenzie and stormed to the "out" side. I picked up my ball and looked for my next victim. Marcel came next to me and said "You are really good". Before I can say anything, I heard a voice scream "Watch out Katrina!" and next thing you know, I'm lying on the floor, unconscious.