Chapter 6

I locked my door and started walking down the street. It was 2:55 pm and I was walking to Marcel's house for the math tutoring. I walked down a few blocks. I stopped when I saw a dog with no owner in the middle of the sidewalk. I decided to pet it but it growled at me. I was stupid enough to try again, and it started chasing me for 2 blocks. I'm extremely stupid I know, but that dog was cute, I couldn't help it.

I stopped in front of a small yellow house with a white roof. It had two square windows on top and one window right next to the door. I climbed up the small flight of brick stairs and rang the doorbell. I heard the doorbell chime on the other side of the door.

A few seconds later, Marcel opened the door. He was wearing another sweater vest in blue and green with a black tie tucked underneath. "Welcome to my home!" he said with lots of enthusiasm. He noticed I was sweating. "Have you been running?" he asked. "I sort of got chased by a dog for two blocks" I responded. He smirked and said "Nice one" I punched his arm playfully and he pretended to be hurt. He let me inside and I took off my converse. "Do you want anything?" he asked from the kitchen. "I'm good" I replied.

Marcel came out of the kitchen with a butter cookie in his hand. There were crumbs all around his mouth. I couldn't help but laugh at him. "What's so funny?" he asked. "You have cookie all over your face" I pointed out. "Excuse me, sorry for that" he said, wiping his mouth with his handkerchief. "It's fine" I said.

We went upstairs to his room. He had so many cool things in his room, science fair trophies, microscopes, and even a little rocket entirely made out of legos. He started talking about circumference of circles and explaining how to find a circumference. I started to get some of the things he was saying, but after a while I got bored. I flopped my back onto his bed and shouted "I'M BORED" He just gave me a smirk. I picked up his Lego rocket and played with it. "Hey! I spent 6 hours making that!" he said. "I'm playing with it" I replied. "Oh well, I guess I'm gonna have to tickle it off your hands" he said, with a devilish grin on his face. "Oh no!" I cried. I was extremely ticklish. He started tickling my belly and I broke out into a massive laugh attack. I still held on tight to the rocket. I pushed him and he landed next to me on the bed. We were pretty close. I could smell his cologne, it smelled really nice.

"Uh...I better go" I said, giving his rocket back. I ran downstairs and put on my converse.

"See you tomorrow" I heard Marcel say behind me.

Well...that was awkward.