Chapter 13

I was back at Marcel's house. I plopped myself onto his bed and opened up my math text book. Today Marcel was teaching me complex algebra, which I really hated. Marcel reviewed it with me and I just nodded. He wrote down 25 equations for me to solve and I solved them quietly. Usually I would talk about my day with him while taking his "test" but obviously I wasn't in the mood.

"Done" I muttered, handing the paper to him. Of course, they were all correct so we had some extra time to hang out. I just wanted to leave already. I couldn't even look at Marcel anymore without feeling depressed. Marcel picked up the TV remote and switched on to one of my favorite shows, Pretty Little Liars. He decided to give it a try and he already watched the first season. I guess he was as eager to know who -A was as me.

I stayed silent and kept my eyes on the TV screen, avoiding any eye contact with Marcel. But, Marcel would try to talk to me during the commercial breaks, and I would probably just nod or say "uh-huh". I tried to smile at him once in a while so he doesn't think anything is wrong, but it was kind of hard.

"Okay Katrina, what is wrong?" he asked very serious. I shrugged and replied "Nothing is wrong". He laid his hand on my shoulder. "Look, I know you Katrina, you just can't be so quiet until something was wrong" he said. Without even thinking I shouted "You really wanna know? Well you like another girl and it isn't me, and I've been with you since day ONE! The other girls called you a "nerd" and I never insulted you ever! I LOVE YOU MARCEL!" I laid my face on his bed and just started sobbing uncontrollably. It was so pathetic, crying in front of Marcel.

Marcel sat on the corner of the bed next to me. He touched my shoulder. "Katrina.." I heard him say faintly. I turned to look at him. "I'm sorry I wasn't thinking about what I was saying it was jus-" I was stopped when Marcel kissed me. His lips were sweet and soft, I just wanted to live that moment forever.