Chapter 19

I wake up in a small white bed in an unfamiliar room. I feel a cold sensation on my head and notice that I had an ice pack on my head. I heard footsteps and I heard a voice say "Oh you're awake!". I looked up and it was just my school's nurse, Nurse Carol. "What happened?" I asked, rubbing my aching head. "It appears that someone threw a dodge ball at your head" she replied. "Do you know who?" I questioned. "It was some girl" she responded. Well that was good information (sarcasm).

After about an hour at the nurse, Nurse Carol let me go back to class. Before I went to class, I walked into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and groaned. There was a huge purplish bruise on my forehead. I looked retarded. I dragged myself to Mr. Garrett's room and prepared for all the staring and laughing. I walked in and everyone stared at my dumb bruise. I heard a giggle slip out of Mackenzie's mouth. I gave her a dirty look. What a bitch.

I sat down and Mr. Garrett continued his lesson on the book "Pride and Prejudice". Marcel tapped my shoulder and asked if I was okay. "Yeah, but I got this" I whispered, pointing to my bruise. He smirked and I rolled my eyes. "It's alright, you are beautiful even with your bruise" he said, smiling. I smiled and blushed. "Do you know who hit me with a dodge ball?" I asked. "It was Gina, but it was an accident" he answered.

I looked over at Gina, she looked really guilty. She looked at me mouthed "Sorry". I nodded and turned back around. Then it hit me. Gina was the one dropping the notes. She ruined my new shirt and gave me a huge painful bruise. I was so stupid, why didn't I realize this before? It was time to confront her.