Part 23. (Jackson)

Part 23 : I Don't Wear Suits.

*. April 2nd .*

     "You don't wear suits do you?" Ian asked me as we all were getting measured by slick and skinny men that worked at the shop. I shook my head and erupted in a laugh. "Don't worry, man." He laughed. "It won't be long and Taylor Jean would appreciate you in a suit as much as you want her in a dress."

    "I'm not that fancy." I answered as the workers left to go find some suits for us to wear. I felt strange being apart of a wedding that I didn't know anyone besides my lovely girlfriend, the girl I loved, head to toe. There was nothing I didn't love about her, maybe not the fact that she is known by many people and many guys look at her like I would have looked at her before.

   "I can't believe that I'm getting married." He said smiling to himself. I looked at him as he kept smiling as it got wider and wider. I couldn't tell if he was nervous at all. "I'm gonna tell you something." He said before rolling up his sleeves. "When you're in love you gotta do everything you can. Don't make mistakes. If you think about another girl you better leave before you start to get more in a deeper relationship. It hurts less."

    "I've built myself up to protect myself from the pain that other people have inflicted on me in the past. How does one person change all that? How did she sneak by my defenses?" I asked him. He chuckled and set a large hand on my shoulder.

    "That's the power that she has, same with her mother. Don't worry, Johnny will find a girl that does that to him too." He chuckled.

    I got seperated from him after he said that as we all go to a different dressing room. I pulled my clothing off and put on the more fancier clothing. I felt nicer and I didn't feel dirty like I did all the time. I felt like I belonged with Taylor Jean, in her lifestyle. But I wasn't apart of her lifestyle.

    "Jackson? Does it fit?" The man asked knocking on the door. I unlocked it and stepped out. Ian was other there with the others and winked when I stepped out. "Well, don't you look pulchritudinous." The man smiled as he squealed from excitement.

   I didn't feel 'pulchritudinous', whatever that meant. I was hoping it wasn't 'daveshing' or 'good-looking'. Somehow, ever since I met Taylor Jean, my confidence went down the drain. I wasn't myself. I was something else, all because of her.

    "Looks like you aren't the only one thinking it's your wedding." Johnny said handing me his phone. I look and I almost drop it from the sight that I saw.

   Taylor Jean was in a white wedding dress. It looked like it was perfectly measured for her. She was just looking in the mirror at herself, oblivious to the fact that she was getting her photo taken. The beauty she had made the world go round.

   "Gotcha." I heard Johnny said. He was using his fingers to tap on his phone and I wondered what he just did then it hit me. He took a photo of me and sent it to her. I was getting nervous. Maybe she thought I didn't look good enough to be in this suit while she was in that dress and looked like a goddess.

*.*.*.*

    "No, I'm paying." Taylor Jean insisted to the large party we had as we got out of our cars and met at the restaurant. "I have money that I don't need. You guys are already spending a lot on your wedding, it's my treat."

   "Fine." Her mother said as she kissed her daughter's forehead and we all walked inside the mildly crowed restaurant. Taylor Jean's hand was played lightly in mine until she'd feel the emptiness and squeeze harder making me move closer to her.

   We got seated quite fast and I was again afraid on what to do. This was like the first time Taylor Jean and I had dinner together at a restaurant where she had to reassure me that it was okay to say what I wanted.