Part 8. (Taylor Jean)

Part 8 : Inner Sadness and Hormones.

*. March 4th .*

    "Tell me everything about you. You can go on for hours. I don't mind." I told him softly and slowly. I took a deep breath as we stared at each other. Standing in the drive way in the moist air of the United Kingdom, my home of 10 years. I watched the empty book - yet so open - boy stand before me. He walked closer and spoke.

   "Only if you tell me about you." He said. His eyes were hesitant as I nodded and I turned and started to walk. He followed me as I could hear the sound from his feet hitting the pavement. I was getting nervous to learn other things from his history and I was even more nervous telling him some of the stuff about me that no one really knew except my inner self. I was still wondering if I should.

   I pulled out my key from my bag and quickly unlocked the door. I held it for him as he walked in and stood there confused on where to go. I softly smiled and walked up to my room as he followed like a lost puppy. It was different seeing him so vulnerable and I felt triumph from the fact that I did it to him.

  My room was silent when we both walked in. When I took a seat on my bed, he followed. I leaned on my headboard as he sat with poor posture in front of me. I watched him and waited for answers. He just looked at his hands and words floated in my mind.

   "I saw scars on his hands and I can tell he gets in fights and criminal stuff." Zoe's voice rang through my mind. I shivered and remembered the first encounter Jackson and I had with each other. It still haunts me but some how I got over it quicker than I thought.

   "Tell me." I asks suddenly. He turned towards me and looked confused with my sudden voice.

   "Tell you what?" He asks.

  "Tell me." I repeated. "Just tell me about you. About your parents, how come you have to live with your uncle? And where has he even been this whole time? I mean, he's getting paid yet he doesn't do much work and just puts it all on you. Like, don't you have school and stuff?" I rambled.

   "My parents are dead." He said lifelessly. I gasped and was about to talk but he did instead. "They died a couple years ago. I'm stuck with my uncle because he was the only family that I knew of. So, if he's gone then I don't have anyone else." He paused. It's like I wrote all the words down and he was reading them in his mind. "I'm not sure where he is, and I don't really care. I can only take about 40% of the money you guys give me. The rest he takes."

   "And school?" I asked as he stops. I wanted to know. He couldn't be any younger than 17 but he couldn't be older than 25.

    He shook his head. "I dropped out in my junior year." He paused. "Not exactly my decision but it didn't matter."

    "So," I said quietly. "How old are you?"

   "19." He replied. The math came in my head and showed that he was out of school for almost 3 years working. I still wondered about his parents but that seemed to be the most difficult part of this conversation. "Now, it's your turn. Any siblings, maybe a hot sister?"

  "Hey!" I hit his shoulder and we laughed. "Yeah, I have a brother. He's off in America doing his college work. What about you, have a hot brother?" I joked.

   "Well, no." He smiled. "Girls usually are happy with me." We chuckled. "I have a sister. She kind of left me after my parents died. She was old enough to do it so I guess she just wanted to leave me."

    "Well, do you know how old she is? Where she went?" I asked.

   "She's probably about 24, now. I'm not sure where she went and I'm not sure if I wanna know." He answered truthfully. I nodded and he spoke. "Her name is Vanessa." He says. No smile or laugh came after he said her name, more like disgust and worry.