Part 16. (Taylor Jean)

Part 16 : 14D. 

*. March 18th .*

   "A date. Oh my." I mumbled to myself as I scramble to my closet. Zoe sat on my bed still comprehending the fact that I was officially going on a date with Jackson. He didn't seem like the dating type so when he asked me if I would like to go on a date with him, I literally flew to cloud nine. "Tell me a colour so I can start with something!"

    "Um," She said turning her head and biting her lip. "Black." She smirks. "He likes black, well I mean, on you." Then she stopped. "No. Black seems like a second date outfit. Try pink. You look good in pink." She nodded.

    "Pink, pink." I said searching through my clothing. I grabbed a pink dress and examined it. A short dress reaching the middle of my thigh with no sleeves and slight flower patterns around the neck and hem areas. It was normal and quite casual but I didn't want to over do it. He'd probably just wear a button up and jeans, right? "How about this one?"

  "Perfect." She replied rolling off the bed and pulling her now upright shirt down. She walked towards me and pushed me to change into that dress. I turned and went towards the bathroom and quickly pulled my clothes off. I put the dress on over my body and took a deep breath. 

   The door opened and a pair of flats were thrown in. I put those on and then looked at some jewelry. I put some gold elephant earrings in and then put a couple gold rings on my random fingers on my left and right hand. I looked to my hand and took my purity ring off.

  I set it on the counter and watched it. I didn't need a ring to show that I wouldn't have sex. I mean, it seems to always catch Jackson's eye but it's probably because that he wasn't a virgin anymore. I put it back on my finger but after a couple seconds I took it off.

  I started to do my make-up. I added some shimmery pink eye shadow to my eyelid. I put a little white in the corner of my eye closely to my nose. I then put a darker bronze colour on the crease of my eye. I added some more blush and some pale, nude lipstick.

  I then did my hair. I was thankful that it was already curled. I put a jeweled headband on as I swooped my bangs over to the side and started to pin up pieces with bobby pins. It formed a bun and I added some hairspray. I then opened the door and started to fix my earring. I walked out and Zoe was on her feet with wide eyes.

 "What?" I said. "Does this look okay?" I said. She frantically nodded and I smiled and so did she. "Okay, okay." I paused. "Now, what else do I need?"

 "Let's see." She paused. "Maybe a jacket and a bag.." She paused. "And a condom." She cleared her throat and I hit her arm. "What? Just bring one!"

  "I don't- I don't have one!" I yelled. "And I'm not even on the pill." I said. "I'm not gonna ruin my chance of getting pregnant to sleep with a guy that might not even work out together." I replied.

   "Take it." She said after reaching into her bag grabbing a small blue square bag. She held it in her hand and I watched it intently. "Taylor. Take it. You don't need to use it, just have it." I took a deep breath and gave up. I grabbed my beige purse and she set it inside and smiled from triumph.

  I grabbed a tan peacoat from my closet and folded it over my arm.  I took a deep breath and the clock ticked back and forth and I felt like I was starting to get more and more anixous. I wasn't sure what we were gonna do. I just knew he'd pick me up and then we'd go to his new apartment. I can't wait to see it but then I'm a little nervous to see it.

   Dad and Sadie made up which was good but I was still a bit nervous for her. They left yesterday to go to France. They promised to be here for my birthday but they weren't positive if they could make it since their work was very strict.

   But, to be honest, I don't care if they make it. They won't really be doing anything. They'd probably give me some clothing or money or something expensive like a TV or something I didn't need. And plus, I'd be with Johnny and his friends and Zoe and Jackson so it was fine for me for them not there.

   "I can't believe you are turning 18 tomorrow." Zoe says as she pretends to wipe tears off her face. "My little Tay-Tay is growing up." She says throwing her arms onto me. I laughed.

  "Calm down," I said happily. "It's just like any other birthday."

  "NO!" She exclaimed. "It's your 18th birthday and you deserve to be excited about it!" She yelled with her hands on my shoulder shaking me uncontrollably. "I promise it's gonna be great."

   "I really hope you and Johnny and Nick and Dave.." I stopped. "And even Jackson, haven't planned a party for me." I threatened. She shook her head and smiled. The bad thing about Zoe is that she had the best poker face. 

 The door swung open and Johnny, Nick and Dave were smirking at the door. They were all  half way in and uncomfortably rubbed their hands together. Johnny walked towards me and stopped.

  "Yes?" I said.

  "Um," He paused. "Just telling you that it's 20 til 8." He answered. I instantly jumped away from Zoe and walked past Johnny. I could hear all of them following me. Before I reached the stairs I turned to them. 

  "No." I said. They all mumbled a wait and everything but I stopped them. "Stay up here." I mentioned to all of them. I looked to Johnny. "Stop. Don't give me that look. It's not my first date, okay? I remember you standing in the corner the first time I went on a date when dad took pictures of me." I smiled. "Just, I'll be fine."

  I opened the door and walked out before closing it quietly. I pulled my jacket on my arms and jumped into my car. I frantically drove from the directions that were on my phone. Music played quietly in the car and I felt happy.

*.*.*.*

   I pulled up to the apartment complex and felt my nerves get the best of me. I turned off the car and walked in holding my bag. People were in the lobby and some people waiting for the elevator. I checked the time and I still had a couple minutes until 8, so I took the stairs.

  Walking about 5 levels, I got in front of the wooden door with the golden metal spelling out 14D. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I gulped loudly as the quietness seemed louder when my heart started to beat. 

   The door swung open and Jackson stood there. He stood there in dark jeans and a button up top tucked into his jeans. His shoes were shiny as I smiled. His eyes were looking at me up and down and I was confused on why. I dress up every day, this wasn't any different.

  "Wow." He said. "You look.. great."

  "Thank you. Uh, so do you." I smiled. "Should I come in?" 

  "Oh, yeah. Sorry." He said opening the door letting me in. I walked in and my flats hit the ground making a small noise. 

   The wooden floor was a darker brown as there was a gray and blue couch on the right of me in front of a window with beige curtains. The living room was painted a lighter beige than the curtains. There were shelves with things like books and movies stuff in them as the kitchen was on the left. It was bright and cute. 

   I walked in and looked around. I saw a hallway and saw a door opened at the end showing a bed, sensing the fact that it was his bedroom. Another door told me that it was the bathroom. 

   "Wow." I said walking back towards the couch. I took my purse off my arm and set it on the coffee table with my jacket. It was halfway off my arms when he helped me take it off. I set it on the table and turned around. "So.."

   He took my hand and turned me around. I smiled before our lips were put together. I pulled him close using my arms around his head and neck. His hands were tightly around my back, like he was hugging me.

   "I made dinner." He pulled away. I walked with him towards the kitchen. I didn't realize that there was food on the table and plates set up. Roses were set in a vase in the middle of the table. 

   The chair under me was pulled out as I sat down. Jackson walked towards the seat in front of me and smiled. I smiled back and he held out his hand on top of the table. I grabbed it and held on. In that instant I thought, he was all I wanted.