Part 7. (Jackson)

Part 7 : Mystery Girl That I'd Never Hurt.

*. March 4th .*

    "I have a car you know." Her voice giggles from the passenger seat about a foot away from me. I turn slowly to see her sitting with her legs crossed and her hair tied in a ponytail with strays of hair framing her face in front of her ears that held gold earrings. "You didn't have to drive me." She said more serious but with a smile still.

    "I wanted to." I replied. It's been a couple days since we went to the bookstore. Taylor Jean is keeping me up to date on the book and she seems to be wishing to live the romance that Romeo and Juliet shared. Her eyes are filled with lust that I haven't seen since I've met her. "So, you're alright?"

     "You know," She said smiling widely. "I learned something from this experienced break-up." She said as she pretended to flip her hair and act like an expert. I laughed and I nodded for her to finish. "Smile a little more, regret a little less."

    "I want you to call me if he tries anything." I replied, ignoring her motto, whilst my hands gripped the steering wheel harder. 

     "Jackson," She said setting her hand on my arm. "He's not gonna do anything, and you're not gonna do anything. Got it?" She was stern as the car was stopped by the side next to the sidewalk. "Don't be watching out for me." She paused. "I can take care of myself."

    "Yeah, if I weren't there you'd probably kill yourself up in your bedroom." I snapped. Her eyes drooped and she looked down. Her soft hands unwrapped themselves from my arm. She pulled a piece of hair to go behind her ear as she reached towards her feet finding her white purse with a gold chain as a strap. It was pulled over her shoulder as she held onto her jean jacket in her arms.

     She opened the door and left it open as I unbuckled quickly. I watched her hair bobble as she started to walk away from me in her light yellow skirt and cropped white shirt. Her converse let her speed increase yet she was too slow for me not to catch. I reached out to grip onto her arm pulling her back to face me.

    "What do you want me to do, Jackson?" She yelled in my face. "You just want me to pretend to be happy and forget him?" She said angrily. "It's hard!" She said. "I'm always the one who loves more. That's my problem!" 

    "Stop it!" I yelled. "Goddammit, stop! He didn't deserve you and you think he should've! You think he was the best thing ever. You are the most naive girl I could ever meet. You don't realize how much of a bastard he is. Do not bare your happiness on someone else."

    "I've got to get to class." She said quietly as her hand found its way to the fabric of my shirt. "Bye, Jackson." She let go and her hand slowly left my chest. She slowly walked backwards and then turned and walked towards her school. Her hair started to bobble as she hesitated to turn her head towards me once more. I groaned and turned and slammed the open door of my car. I leaned against it as anger started to erupt. I wanted to run after her, give her a hug but rejection was a big fear that I didn't usually go through.

     I ran my hands through my hair and walked around to get into the car. I banged my hands on the steering wheel and the horn went off sending some people to give me strange looks. I started it up and drove away towards the gym.

*.*.*.*

    "Jackson," Gale's voice rang. "You know I will hunt you down if you break the punching bag." He paused. "Again." I turned to look at the older man, in his late 50s', crossing his large arms whilst he chuckles. I use the top of the boxing glove to undo the strap of my glove, then I did my right hand. "What's on your mind mate?"