Part 14. (Taylor Jean)

Part 14 : Growing Up.

*. March 15th .*

   Four more days until my birthday. There was only four more days until I was finally 18. This was the age I could do everything. I could drink and I could go to clubs or something - yet I probably wouldn't anyways. I don't really want to turn 18 - yet I do. 

   I pull my legs into a white maxi skirt with a skinny brown belt, with a florescent coral crop top, I put it on over my bra. The sleeves were rolled up and it didn't show any of my stomach since I wasn't very tall, I pulled the skirt up higher. I put some brown sandals on my feet before putting a gold bracelet shaped like a leaf with a gold ring and my usual ring that was still very annoying to me.

   I didn't need a ring to show that I wasn't gonna have sex. I was waiting until I was married - at least. Or sometime when I'm in my 20's and I'm engaged or something. I just don't want to feel regret towards the person that I do it with the first time. 

   I grab my bag and pull it onto my shoulder before moving my fishtail braid over the strap. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to see all the boys up. Dad finally showed back home but it was still hard for him and Sadie and it was even harder for me to let him close to her. He was at work already and so was she.

   "Well, good morning munchkin!" Nick said before ruffling my hair and me slapping his hand. 

  "Don't mess up my hair!" I laughed before messing up his and he had the same defence just more stronger - obviously. "So, what's for breakfast Chef Johnny?" I asked setting my bag on the island and sitting on to a chair in between Nick and Dave.

   "Just pancakes." He smiled pulling out a plate for all of us. He set two pancakes each and we kind of all fought over the syrup. Johnny got it since 'he was the cook and cooks get the toppings first'. "So, missy. It's your birthday in a couple days, planned anything?"

   "I don't have much friends so no." I answered quietly as I ate. I guess you could say I was popular. I just didn't have a best friend. Lara was close to me and then I realized what happened. Some days I'll eat with people that were kind of close like Adrian or Katherine but not one very close. No one was ever as close as Zoe.

   "WHAT?!" They all yelled.

   "Taylor, you have to have a party. You have friends, trust me! What about.. What's her name? Zoe!" Johnny replied. I shook my head.

   "She's not my friend." I answered. He looked confused. "She was with Caspar same time as me."

   "Well, then." Johnny said. "Trust me you have friends that would love to come to your party. Next weekend got it?" I nodded.

   "But before your party, you're going out with all of us to just let loose and go crazy, okay?" Dave suggested. I nodded and laughed.

   "If any of you go to jail I'm not bailing you out." I joked as I finished my food and wiped off my plate in the sink. I grabbed my bag and hugged them all goodbye. I started to walk out of the house and before I did a note was found on the bench with my name on it.

To : Taylor Jean

Morning, lovely. I can imagine you in one of your cute dresses or a skirt with a nice top and sandals. You never really cared about the coldness of London, did you? Well, I can't bring you to school this morning. Got stuff from my Uncle and I couldn't leave. He kept questioning why I wanted to stop at your house. I promise to pick you up after school. x

P.S. Don't take my past too hard. I'm trying to get it over with and block it out, okay?

-Jackson