Part 22. (Taylor Jean)

Start from the beginning

   "We're just getting suits. You are getting a dress with your mom and her friends." He said calming me down. He kissed my lips and I felt a little embarrassed as everyone watched us, but I didn't stop him before he let go and kissed my forehead. "I love you."

   I didn't have a chance to reply before the boys were all walking out of the house. Now it was silent. It was just my mom and I. The silence soon became awkward and everything I wanted to say to her had the chance, yet it didn't come out. I turned to her and was about to talk but she did.

   "You don't like him do you?" She said horrified. My eyes widen and I ran to her holding onto her arm. I shook my head frantically as she soon looked like she would cry.

   "No, no!" I said. "I just.. I did just meet him and he is.. nice."

   "But?"

   "He's kind of scary." I said biting my lip. She looked at me and laughed. I was confused on why she was laughing. Something strange was going on with her but maybe it was because she was getting married in less than a week.

   The door bell interrupted our little talk and my mom cheered. She headed toward the door and came into two 30-year old women that were very familiar to me. One was short and blonde with a small little boy in her arms. The other was another blonde who shared the same eye colour as my mom, that was my aunt, Vicky.

   "Why hello bride-to-be!" My mom's friend, Bethany, cheered letting her son down and having him run towards a pile of toys that were in a box in the living room. Bethany embraced my mother and before I realized it I was embraced by Vicky's arms.

   "It's so good to see you, Taylor!" Vicky says holding onto me tightly. I nod in her arms as she holds onto my shoulder and leans back to look at me. "Haven't changed one bit. Maybe, your father's money didn't change you like we thought it would." She winked and then gave my mother a hug as Bethany came to me.

  "So, grown up!" She said squeezing me tighter after every word. I nodded as well and she let go before squealing from excitement. I smiled lightly and then we all got dragged into Vicky's car with Bethany's son, Ryan.

   As we all jumped into the car, I found my way in the back with Ryan and Bethany. I was staring out the window looking at all the trees. Oh, how different it was from London, yet somehow the same. The gloomy skies always blocking the brightness the sun brought and sometimes the sun would find it's way out. Seattle seemed peaceful and I was starting to wonder how my life would be if I stayed with mom.

   I'd never feel the power of being the rich, popular girl at school. I'd probably be that girl that sat in the back of class wondering if she should have coffee or tea tomorrow morning. That girl no one really knew anything about. I wouldn't have met Jackson, that's probably the most difficult of it all. And maybe, Sadie would be hurt if I wasn't there.

   The trees started to make my head get dizzy so then I looked down at my knees to reassure my head that I was fine and not gonna throw up or pass out. I heard my mom let out a loud laugh and suddenly my name was called.

   "Taylor!" Vicky says happily. "Liz says that you met someone? Care to spill the details?"

  "Oh my! Taylor met someone? I bet he's a fancy, proper man that is like the king of chivalry!" Bethany imagines. She had no idea how incorrect she was. "C'mon! Tell me, I'm right aren't I?"

  "Uh," I said rubbing my hairline with my nail. "His name is Jackson." I replied. "And I really like him." I start to stutter when I try to find things that I love about him. "And he takes me to school and he kind of shares things with me that I-I.. that I like.. and he's strong and he-e does boxi-"

   "What does he look like?" Vicky asks. I could see her smile in the mirror as she takes her eyes off the road to see my horrified look.

   "Uh, he has dark hair and dark eyes." I replied. "He's strong and has some tattoos."

  "Does he have bad teeth?" Bethany asks with a disgusted look on her face. "You know most British people can't really contain nice teeth. Such a shame. The accents are just bonuses and then their teeth are awful!"

   "No, his teeth are fine." I replied. His teeth weren't the things I notice about him. It was more like his long fingers with his veins visible on his hand and the define lines of his cheekbones when he sucks in and doesn't smile - or when he does smile - it's the same beauty that I love. I love Jackson.

  "We are here!" Vicky's voice interrupts my imaginations of Jackson while she starts to enjoy the sight. It was a dress shop.

  I was starting to wonder why I would be quite upset and somewhat quiet when we are going shopping for a wedding. When we left London, I was beyond excited. Seeing mom was amazing but it wasn't that amazing seeing Vicky and Bethany. They weren't my biggest fans when I decided that my dad was a better choice for me. They thought that I should have a women figure if I wanted to stay straight.

   "Welcome!" The front desk lady said when we walked into the large clothing store. Dresses beyond dresses were on hangers, hanging on large amounts of racks throughout the whole store. I was starting to wonder how long we would stay here. "Let's get started!"

   "Alright," My mom said to the lady. "The colour of the wedding is a light pink, almost coral-ish. So, I was thinking something around that colour for their dresses. And for my dress, I wasn't quite sure on what I wanted. Something that wasn't too like 'wow'!"

  "Alright, we have so many options that I think we'll find the right dress for all of you." The lady replied happily. She looked at me and eyed my body before speaking. "You are gonna be looking over on those racks since you are smaller." I nodded and walked to wear she pointing too.

    I started to look at the racks as if I was shopping. Something I would look okay in and something that I felt pretty in was what I was looking for - and the colour pink. I was already one rack down when I started to feel anxious for my mom's wedding. I could see her eyes light up when she saw a white dress that she loved.

   And for some reason, I was getting the urge to grab one and try one on without them noticing. I just wanted to know how I'd feel in a wedding dress as if I was the one getting married.

   I look at mom, Vicky, Bethany and sleepy Ryan and notice they are all looking at the lady who is looking at dresses. I quickly sneak into the section of white wedding dresses of my size. The whole store was beyond, like it never ended. Stacks of dresses were in front of my sight and I was wondering which one I would try.

   I found one. It was a strapless dress and the front was silky quality and it crossed over and made curves to wear the top hem was. Then suddenly it popped out to a beautiful bottom poof. It was seperated with a embroided, silver belt. I was starting to wonder why on Earth I was getting into the idea of marriage when I wasn't close to getting married.

   I grabbed the dress and ran into the dressing room. I stripped my clothing off and got into the dress. It wasn't complete until fully zipped. My hands were shaking and I slowly zipped up the dress. Somehow it fit perfect and looked perfect and I felt perfect.

   This was the feeling that girls needed to feel all the time. They needed this feeling whether they were over 150 pounds or under 100 pounds. Either of that. They needed to feel the beauty that just exploded in my body. This was the feeling that made me want to show everyone and tell them that I believe that I was beautiful and that I actually believed it.

   I took the strength and opened the door and they were all watching me. My mother's eyes were in tears as if it was my wedding that I was picking out the dress for. Vicky and Bethany were holding their hands to their hearts.

   "I've never seen you so beautiful." My mother cried before embracing me into yet another hug. "If only Jackson was here to see you. He'd be on his knee in no time." She joked before kissing my temple.