Ch. 40: A Year

(Third Person's POV)

Y/N placed her head in her hand, her cold gaze hit demon below her. "What did you say???" She questioned hardly, the demon winced. "I-I found Mard's location." He studdered, Y/N gitted her teeth. "That bastard has the guts to try and take back his kingdom, huh???" She snarled, he shook with fear.

"I-I didn't say that..." He mumbled, Y/N stood up quickly, causing him to fall to the ground. "But you know it's true." She said, he broke out in sweat. "He wouldn't dare show himself without wanting to take back my kingdom, now would he???" She questioned, grabbing him by the throat.

His hands wrapped themselves around hers quickly, trying to get them off. "N-No, he wouldn't." He said, she quickly released.

"Get out, before I kill you like the rest. Jackal." He ran quickly, Y/N walked back to her throne. A black crown sat upon her head, black jewels were encrusted into the golden metal.

A beautiful black dress made her red lips pop, her nails matched the dress. Her eyes closed, a small faint smile danced across her face. Memories entered her quite mind, I love you Y/N.

Her black, laced, gloved hands hovered above the spot where her guild mark used to be, a pang hit her chest. So much had happened the past year, she found out Mard was still alive, and killed her child. After defeating him she took over the underworld, killing those how opposed her.

Soft footsteps suddenly echoed in her direction, before they could get close enough a sword was pointed at his throat. Her E/C eyes narrowed at the man infornt of her, his eyes widen a bit.

"Mard." She stated, he took a step back. "Y/N, I needed you. Yet you didn't do what I wanted, I want my kingdom back." He said, almost like he was begging. "If you gave me my child back, I would." She smirked, knowing he wasn't strong enough to get her.

"I know I shouldn't have done that, but I thought you would take over the human world. Instead you forced this place to become, pure." He wanted to grab her now. "Better than the bullshit you did." She said, stepping closer.

"NOW!!!" Mard screamed, hundreds of people entered the room, all aiming for the queen. Y/N stood still, letting them grab her arms. Mard snickered, at the thought of him killing her, he was the only one to knew how to kill her.

"Like this could stop me." She said, snickering. Y/N took a step forward, 20 men around her fell to the ground. All except Mard, his heartbeat grew faster.

She kept walking, gliding by Mard. A smile placed upon her lips, gracefully she opened the doors. "Have your kingdom, try anything and your dead, you know I found out your secret." She said, before exiting the room.

(Rogue POV)

My arms wrapped around Kagura's waist, she leaned into my chest. We sat on the bar stools of the newly opened Fairy Tail, I started to remember some thing's. My heart started to hurt, I looked down at my lap.

A year of getting over her.

I couldn't bring myself to throw away the ring, I kept it. But I started to date Kagura to get her out of my mind, but never went past a kiss.

"Rogue are you okay???" Kagura asked, I nodded my head. She smiled, and grabbed my hand.

A loud thud shook the messhall, everybody turned their heads. A women stood at the door, her black dress hugged her hourglass figure. H/L, H/C were made into beautiful curls.

Black, laced gloves covered her small hands, as they held each other in front of her. A small smile graced he red lips, a lace, black choker with a red Ruby in the center covered her thin neck. Finally her E/C eyes meet mine, my heart stopped.

"Y/N!!!" The crowd cheered, before surrounding her. I noticed a crown was placed upon her head, my breath caught in my throat.

"Rogue, do you know her???" Kagura asked, I looked down on her. "Y-Yeah, she is my... Ex-girlfriend." I said, I swallowed hard. Y/N gracefully walked towards me, not long she was in front of me.

"Rogue." She said, Kagura grabbed her attention, hurt flashed in her eyes. But quickly disappeared, not fast enough for me to see. "It's nice to see you again." She bowed, and smiled at Kagura.

"Hello, I'm Y/N." She bowed at Kagura, Kagura nodded her head. "I'm Kagura, Rogue's girlfriend."

"That's nice, have a nice evening." She walked away, my heart was breaking.

"Y/N."