"They took two this time" Harry said.

"Their picking up the pace" I replied around a shutter.

**

It had been a few hours since McKenna and Louis had been taken. Niall had finally stopped banging on the door but still sat next to it, waiting. I sat in the kitchen with him, not knowing what else to do. In fact, everyone waited in the kitchen. I noticed that Niall's knuckles were bleeding and bruised. He hit the door hard.

I got up, grabbed a damp towel and a bag of ice, sat in front of Niall, and began dabbing the blood off. He flinched at the contact but calmed down when he saw me. I sent him a warm smile, hoping to comfort him.

"Thanks" he muttered.

"They will come back to us" I said. He didn't reply, but stared at a spot on the floor. I put the ice bag on and backed off, putting the cloth in the sink. I took my place next to Harry and leaned into him for support. All I could think about was what was happening to Louis and McKenna. I chewed on my lip and bit back a groan; I had a pounding headache.

After a century of waiting, the door slammed open. Niall scrambled up with balled fists. Jack and Peter dumped McKenna and Louis on the floor, bloody and bruised.

"Well that was fun" Jack commented and Peter snickered behind him. Niall couldn't take it. He grabbed Jack by the throat and swung him around to slam Jack into the wall. Shocked by the impact, Jack slipped to the floor in a daze. Peter, enraged, came storming in and pinched Niall.

The boys and myself jumped up to help. Liam and Harry grabbed Peter and pinned him on the floor. Peter struggled against them but two people overpowered him. Niall continued to take his anger out on Jack, who was now only half conscious. I got in between the fighting and dragged both McKenna and Louis out of the way. Jack fell to the floor and was still. Niall still shook with rage and adrenaline. Lucy flashed in the doorway and her jaw dropped.

"Pa! Jack!" She screamed. Niall hesitated, not sure what to do. He wouldn't hit a woman unless his life depended on it. Well he wouldn't but I could.

I started forward, planning on tearing her hair out. A loud bang that bounced around in my skull several times stopped me in my tracks. It took me a second to register the smoking gun in Lucy's hand.

"Let him go!" She yelled, gesturing to Peter. The boys did with their hands up slowly. Peter got up, pick up Jack, and all of them left without a word. Niall stumbled back, right into me and we both tumbled to the floor.

"Niall? Mate?" I heard someone shout. I think it was Zayn. He must be awake. The boys carefully picked him up off of me and laid him next to me. Strange and pain-filled moans escaped his lips. McKenna also rolled over, coughing up some blood. I got on my hands and knees. I saw a flash of red and examined my hands. My fingers were soaked by sticky, red liquid.

"Niall!" I exclaimed. I saw the bullet hole in his upper thigh. Blood was seeping fast out; the bullet must have hit an artery.

"Louis bleeding!" Liam yelled.

I was going to look at Louis when Harry grabbed my hand "no, Niall needs your help!" Conflicted, I knew Niall needed me more at the moment.

"Someone put pressure on Louis and McKenna's wounds!" I yelled.

"No, I'm fine" McKenna crawled over to Niall, clutching his hand. The pool of blood had doubled in size.

"I...I don't know what to do!" I cried, panicked "I'm not equipped to handle this! I barely know how to stitch!"

Harry made me focus on him "calm down. You can help him" I nodded a shaky head.

"He's going to bleed out. Um...give me your belt" I told Harry. He removed it and I tied it around Niall's leg above the hole.

"I need a towel!" I ordered. One got thrown at me and I pressed it into the wound. Think Charlotte! What did you read about stopping bleeding?!

"Elevate the leg" I whispered, then louder "I need something to elevate his leg!" Liam went into a room and returned with a pillow and folded blanket. I passed the towel to Harry to keep pressure while I put the leg higher. Then I ran to the kitchen and got a bowl full of cold water. It contracts the blood vessels and helps to stop the bleeding.

"Everything's fine" i assured Niall in a shaky voice "Everyone's here for you"

I poured it carefully on the wound. "Niall, your going to be alright" McKenna sobbed.

He painfully lifted a hand to brush her cheek "I'm glad...I got to see....your face one more time"

Sobs racked her body "Niall don't say that!"

He turned to the boys "you were the best mates a lad could ever have. I'm glad to have met you all" tears streamed down our faces as everyone gathered around Niall. Even Louis dragged himself over. I took over for Harry and put all my body weight into the now red instead of white towel.

"I don't know what to do" I sobbed.

"Shhh. It's okay, it's not your fault" he comforted.

"Just hold on Niall. Hold on so i can get the bleeding under control!" I told him, trying to see through my tears.

Niall turned back to McKenna "I'm so happy I got to spend time with you. Someday your going to meet a very lucky guy"

"No!" She cried "you're my guy! Please don't leave me Niall!"

"Your so beautiful. Don't ever doubt that princess" he said through clenched teeth.

"Niall please!" McKenna sobbed, not knowing what to do.

"I love you guys" he whispered, closing his eyes. His grip loosened on McKenna's hand then fell to the floor. His final breath left his body and his head tipped to one side.

"No!" McKenna screamed, shaking Niall "No! No! No! Do something!" I started compressions on his chest. Count to thirty then give him two breaths. I continued this for ten minutes but it still did no good.

"I don't- I couldn't- Im so-" I sputtered, my tears spilling uncontrollably hot and fresh down my cheeks. Harry gathered me in his arms and I felt him sobbing too.

"Niall!" McKenna screamed, her voice strained. She gripped her chest, maybe trying to sooth the ache of a broken heart. The door opened again and Peter silently pointed the gun at us. Everyone except McKenna backed off a little.

He went to pick Niall up when Mckenna screamed "what did you do?!" She got up and started pounding her fists on his chest. Peter shoved her away and took Niall's body out of the room, leaving the blood pool behind. McKenna sobbed in a head on the floor, soon turning into hysterics. And Niall wasn't here to comfort her this time. He would never be able to.

Because Niall was dead.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry!!! Thanks for reading! please fan, vote, and comment!