"Morning Charlotte" he greeted.  

"Hey Zayn. How'd you sleep?" I replied, settling down in a chair.  

"Horrid" he said around a humourless laugh. I agreed quietly.  

"I'd love to go outside" he murmured.  

"Oh yes! I'd love to go swimming" I replied, imagining the cool water on my skin.  

"No I can't swim" Zayn told me "but I would love to play some football. Louis loves football" 

Football meaning soccer to me.  

"That's my favourite sport" I played on a community team for a few years.  

"What your favourite team?" 

"Manchester United" he smiled, probably remembering game nights with friends and family.  

"I wonder how my family is doing?" Zayn wondered out loud.  

"Any siblings?" 

"My Mum, Dad, and three sisters; Waliyha, Doniya, and Safaa," Zayn said, a hint of sadness in his voice.  

"What about you?" 

"My Dad, Mom, and sister Morgan," I replied in the same tone.  

"You think that they think I'm dead?" Zayn asked, tears welling up in his eyes.  

"They are your family. I doubt they will ever truly give up looking for you"  

McKenna's POV 

I couldn't get what Charlie said out of my head about what happened between her and Jack. There has to be a way out of here through the basement. Jack slipped in and out of it without going through us, after he hurt Charlie. If he had gone through us, I wouldn't have been able to help but scream at him and possibly hit him if I could. Charlie's screams made it sound like he was killing her. The look on Harry's face when he couldn't hold or help her was so pained and so scared.  

What little hope he had left was down there in that basement being tormented; Charlotte.  

Seeing all of this happening to my friends brought back memories of my last boyfriend from earlier in the year and looking back now I don't know what I was thinking. His name was Leo. 

Leo had a drinking problem and he abused me. If his verbal attacks wasn't enough, he hit me. I'd always make these ridiculous story's about how I got the bruises and cuts. I passed these actions as normal and even blamed myself. The only reason why the relationship stopped was because he moved away. But I never told anyone about what happened.  

Niall was the first person I got close to after Leo. I found it odd how easy it was to trust Niall. I hadn't fully trusted anyone in a long time. But Niall treated me how I deserved to be treated and we cared about each other.  

It was still morning and I was laying peacefully next to Niall. Listening to him sing me back to sleep after my nightmares was mesmerising. His voice is so gentle and sweet, almost inhuman. I savoured Niall's warmth against my body. I loved cuddling with him. Niall is the best thing that has ever happened to me. 

I didn't want to but I needed to answer one of my nagging questions; was there a way out of here that we didn't know about?  

I carefully untangled myself from Niall, not wanting to wake him, and crept into the hallway. I heard Charlie talking to Zayn in the kitchen, and I went down to the basement.  

I felt relieved when I found the basement empty. I started by dragging all the big objects around to see it anything was behind them. Then I focused on things but still, came up empty.