Chapter 7

a/n Sorry I went out on the boat on Sunday instead of updating finally on my day off and got a wicked sunburn and finally have no more writers block!!!:) Yay!!!!! Anyway! Onward my Luke Despisers and Hazza Sympathizers!!!:) Smiles and kisses. Mars.

:):)xx

Harry's POV

I woke up from a night in with Emilie to no Emilie and a note left of the bed side table.

Dear Luke,

I went to work and will return soon. But if you want to keep living with me, you're gonna need a job lover boy.

Love,

Em:) <3

Well I guess I'm gonna have to get a job then. And I can't sing so...what the hell am I supposed to do?? Maybe there's something in the newspaper or something. She gets the local paper and maybe it's on the porch.

I pushed my shirtless self out of her bed and pulled on a pair of trackies and went to the door. I pulled it open and the cold morning air hit my face immediately. I pulled my face back and ran my hand over it and then threw my curls. I blinked my eyes open groggily and leaned down to pick up the black and white newspaper from the front stoop.

I put it under my arm and made my way back inside and to the living room. I'm gonna need some music if I'm gonna find something that will actually suit me in the long run. I plugged in her IPod and clicked on 'Free Fallin' for my jam sesh. It began and I started to sway around to it as I flipped to the job ads. Alright job time!

WANTED: BUSSER AT HENLEY'S.

WANTED: WAITER AT CELIA'S'.

WANTED: CASHIER AT GOLD COAST SURF SHOP.

WANTED: CASHIER AT RILEY'S BAKERY.

Well this is a no brainer. The bakery!!! I smiled to myself as I circled it with a sharpie and put the number into my phone. I'll call after I take a shower and get ready.

***

I ended up in a pair of straight jeans, a green and white baseball shirt and a pair of sneakers. I tousled my curls around until they looked semi-good and put my wallet in my back pocket and grabbed my phone to call the bakery.

I dialed the number and waited for an answer.

It clicked on, "Hello, Riley's Bakery."

"Hi, this is Luke Nicholas and I'm calling about the job," I hesitantly said.

"Oh! Well yes, if you come down here we can do an interview and then see how it goes. Can you be down here in ten minutes?" The woman, presumably Riley, asked from the other end of the line.

"Yes! I'll be right there!" I said enthusiastically before she hung up and I jogged out the door and hailed a cab.

***

At the shop I met Riley, she was a short Italian girl with dark brown curly hair like my own but longer.

"Well Mr. Nicholas-"

"Luke."

"Luke. You can totally have the job. When can you start?" I smiled at her words and then realized she asked me a question.

"Oh! Yeah, um...right now actually," I said glancing at my watch. "I've got nowhere to be until 10 o'clock." I smiled widely at her with my dimples on full display.

She grinned back and turned to grab an apron. She threw it at me and said, "Then get to work." She walked back into the kitchen to make some more treats for the shop as I stationed myself at the bakery's counter top for my new job.

Back to the bakery it is.

Luke's POV

We boarded the plane to New York the next morning and I sat next to Louis. Well actually he sat next to me, but whatever. I just can't wait for us to land and me to began what I came for- to ruin Harry's life.

"Hey you alright Haz?" Louis asked me, nudging my shoulder softly.

I turned to face him, "I'm fine Lou, really. I'm just tired and I think I'm gonna take a snooze on the way there." I smiled at him as I rested my head on the window next to me.

"Okay, I'll wake you when we get there." He kissed my curls lightly for some weird reason. Him and Harry were a little to close for my liking but I couldn't react otherwise that would lead to more questions and I couldn't afford that right now, to be honest.

***

I woke up from Louis shaking me lightly and whispering, "Harry, Harry, Harry wake up."

I rolled over and shuttered my eyelids open to reveal a disheveled Louis. "Yes...?" I questioned.

"We're here." He smiled brightly at me and shook his hair out, tugging me up out of my seat.

"Okay! Okay! I'm coming!" I chuckled as I grabbed my carry on out of the over head bin and followed the rest of the boys off the plane.

We were staying at Simon's place in the city so that gave me easy access to the city and Caroline...

The perfect storm's abrewin'.

a/n So there you go! I updated this five minutes after midnight!:) Love y'all! Smiles and kisses. Mars.

:):)xx