Mark was trying so hard not to cry, but tears were now streaming down his cheeks, falling into his lap.

"Is he okay?" Alastar asked with more force.

"He...he was breathing somewhat...they...they said he will be okay....will you-"

"Tell the family?"

"Yes..."

"O' course I will, but not 'til ye know fer sure he's eiter okay or not."

"O-Okay." Mark cried softly. "W-Will you help me finish this paperwork?" Alastar sighed quietly.

"Yeah...what's it askin'?" They got through the rest of the paperwork quickly and then said their goodbyes.

"I'll tell you when they tell me anything." Mark promised.

"Thanks fer callin' me, Mark." Alastar said quietly.

"You guys deserve to know."

"I jus' hope he's okay."

"We can only hope right now."

"Yeah...I'll let ya go dough."

"Alright, bye-bye."

"Bye." With that, Mark hung up and sent a group message to Ryan, Matt, Wade, and Bob.

"I'm at the hospital right now. House caught on fire. Jack was still inside. Not sure if he's really okay yet. Find out soon."

A couple minutes after the message was sent, a doctor walked into the waiting room. There were three others in the room, so Mark could only hope it was for him.

"Family of Sean McLaughlin?" The doctor asked. Mark stood up quickly.

"Please tell me he's okay." Mark begged.

"Are you family?" The doctor asked.

"I'm his fiancé; I'm all he has here." Mark explained and the doctor nodded.

"He's lucky help arrived when it did. He has a few second degree burns along his legs. We would like to keep him until they heal. That could take anywhere between 2 and 3 weeks. If they look good in 2 weeks, we will release him." The doctor explained. The half Korean nodded in understanding.

"Can I see him?" He asked softly. He just wanted to see his lover and hold him.

"He's asleep right now, but you can see him. Be careful around his legs. Second degree burns are usually VERY painful." The doctor explained as he led Mark to the room. When he got in there, he sat down and sent a text to Alastar explaining what the doctor told him. He then moved the chair, he was sitting in, closer to the bed and softly grabbed Jack's hand, interlacing their fingers.

"I'm so sorry this happened. I don't even know how it started, but you should not have to go through this. I don't even know what all got burned. We could have lost everything, but all I care about is your well-being. All I want is for you to be okay." Mark said and laid his head on his forearm. Jack's hand tightly gripped the pink haired man's.

"No...help...Mark...no..." Jack mumbled in his sleep. He thrashed around in the bed but held on strong to Mark's hand. "Fire!" He screamed as he sat up quickly in bed, his eyes open wide. His heart monitor was going crazy to show that his heart was racing. The doctor rushed in. "W-What's wrong with my legs?!" He asked frantically, sounding very freaked out.

"Sean, babe, calm down." Mark said softly and kissed his hand. He was worried, but kept a calm demeanor. Jack turned to his fiancé. Once their eyes met, he visibly calmed down.

"Mark, you're okay...wait...I'm alive?" He asked.

"Yes." The doctor said then explained everything he explained to Mark a little earlier. When he was done and Jack said that he understood, the doctor left.

"I was so scared ye didn' make it out." Jack admitted sadly.

"I thought you would meet me outside."

"I tried to...but I got trapped. It's my fault..."

"Why would you say that, babe?"

"I forgot to blow out one god damn candle...now we don't have a place ta live!"

"Hey...it's okay."

"Hmm..."

"Babe, it's really okay. We're both safe now and that's all I care about. I'll check out the house in the morning to see what is okay and what's not. We can look for a new house to live in or something. We'll figure it out, Sean. Okay?"

"Okay...but I still feel bad."

"Sean."

"What?"

"No."

"No, what?"

"Stop. Do NOT feel bad. It is NOT your fault. It was an honest accident."

"You asked me to blow out the-" Jack was cut off by Mark kissing him passionately. He slowly grabbed the Irishman's other hand, so he was now holding both of his partner's hands. When he pulled away, he placed a long, reassuring kiss on Jack's forehead.

"It's not your fault." Mark kept repeating those words until the green haired man finally looked convinced.

"Okay, it's not my fault. Now would ya please stop sayin' tat?!" Jack begged. Mark chuckled.

"Get some sleep, babe." The older man said and started arranging the three chairs, in the room, as a make-shift bed.

"Mark, don't sleep there." The younger man said and scooted over.

"Sean, I don't think they-"

"I don't care. They can deal wit it. I jus' want ta have ya close...ta feel yer arms around me...please." Jack begged, interrupting Mark. The half Korean nodded and carefully got into the hospital bed. He was trying to be careful of Jack's burns and the IV in his lover's arm as he wrapped his arms around him and pulled him close.

"We'll get through this." Mark said; not only was he trying to convince Jack that, but he was also trying to convince himself. His mind was still racing with the thought that he could have lost Jack that night.

"I know we will." Jack said. That reassured Mark a little bit. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ehhh...hate us now..? X3 

nahhh you know you love it!! Update soon...

PCP~