"Mark, calm down...we are doing all we can.."

Mark sat on the curb, his knees tucked into his chest, and watched as his house burned...he was trying to push away the thought of Jack's burned body being carried out in the arms of a fireman..

He looked on in agony as they sprayed the house with water...and as a group of firefighters kicked their way in the door...the only thing he could do was hope...hope that he was okay....hope that he was still alive...and his dreams weren't literally burned away...

It seemed like forever before anything happened. He stayed on the curb and waited...unable to do anything but cry silently, and pray to God that Jack was okay...he seemed to have tuned out the world...the sounds of yelling, loud sirens, spraying water and the whispers of onlookers were silenced...he could only concentrate on the sound of his heartbeat...because if Jack came out of that house dead...that beat would be silenced...

Suddenly his attention was snapped to life as the group of firemen returned from the burning structure.

"OUT OF THE WAY! OUT OF THE WAY! Get him to the ambulance STAT!"

Mark sprang up and raced over to the ambulance in a blind fury of emotion.

"SEAN?! SEAN! SEAN BABE ARE YOU OKAY?!"

He was pushed back as the fireman held his lover's limp body in his arms..laying him on the gurnee, and an oxygen mask placed over his nose and mouth.

Mark held back a sob...He looked at Jack...his pale skin was now tinted a buring pink...his clothes were singed and he was covered in soot..

But...his chest was slowly rising and falling...HE'S ALIVE..! OH THANK GOD HE'S ALIVE!

When Mark was finally allowed to join him in the ambulance, he jumped inside in a panic and grabbed onto Jack's hand.

"S-Sean?! Babe...oh god, I'm so sorry...I-I'm here...Mark is here.."

Jack didn't say anything...he didn't open his eyes...the just coughed and heaved...squeezing Mark's hand tightly...

*Mark's POV*

Mark hadn't realized the ambulance had moved until the doors opened and the EMT's were pulling Jack, on the stretcher, out. He quickly followed, but was stopped by a nurse. "They need to make sure everything is okay and they can't do that with you there. You'll get in the way." He said softly. Mark understood, but that didn't stop a single tear from sliding down his cheek.

"He needs me..." The half Korean said quietly.

"He will be okay, sir. You have to trust me on that. The doctors just need to do a few things and check a few things, and then you can see him. Until then, we need you to fill out some paperwork." The nurse said and led the pink haired man to the waiting room. He sat down and was handed the paperwork.

He filled out what he could and realized he needed to tell a few people. He called the most important ones first, Jack's family. Well, the one in the family that he knew for sure wouldn't get upset with him. "Jesus, it's six in tha damn mornin'! Why are ye callin'?"

"Alastar...something serious has happened..."

"W-What is it? Is everything okay? Why isn't it me brother callin'?...Something happened to him....didn't it?"

"I don't know how...but our house set on fire...Jack...went downstairs because we thought it was the heater being on....there was no smell...no alarm...nothing to alert us that our home was on fire...he screamed telling me to get out, so I did...I thought he was going to meet me outside..."