29. Resolved Issues?

Mulai dari awal

"Hey." I ignored him. "Hey."

"Can we go?" I asked.

"If that's what you want, we can go."

"I want to go home." I stood up from the table and went upstairs to grab my bags. I waited by the car for about 20 minutes before Bradley emerged from the house.

"Ready to go J?" He lifted my things into the car and in no time we were on the road to my house. I texted my mom that we'd be there in no more than 15 minutes. "You don't have to sulk J. Everything will be fine. We just have to make it through the the conference and then we'll be home free." He chuckled and pulled into my driveway.

"Pumkiiiiiin!!" My mom bolted from the house and wrapped me in the tightest and warmest of hugs and kisses my entire face. "I missed you I missed you I missed you!"

"I missed you too mommy!" Behind her I spotted my little rat of a brother, "oh look you've grown an entire 2 centimeters, go you!" I teased. "Mom, this is Bradley, Bradley this is my mom." I quickly introduced them and went to look for my dad.

"Baby girl is that you yelling through my house?" His voiced boomed from the second floor and I bolted for the stairs.

"Hey daddy!" I hugged him like my life depended on it.

"What's the matter baby girl? You're home unexpectedly."

"Not a thing, I'm just glad to be home." It felt so good being home. Nothing else mattered. "Come on there's someone I want you to meet!" I motioned for him to follow me.

"It better not be some boy." He huffed and headed down the stairs.

"H-Hello Mr. Halloway." Bradley quickly stood from his seated position on the couch and held his hand out to my dad.

"Justine. Who this boy?" He looked at me and I gave him a look that said please be nice. "What's your name kid?" My dad finally shook his hand.

"Bradley Jameston, sir."

"Well I'll be damned. I got the son of the devil himself in my living room" my dad chuckled and motioned for Brad to sit.

"I'll be in my room, call me when dinner's ready!" I bee lined for the stairs for a second time.

I opened my door and in ran my baby Tink, he leapt up onto my bad and nestled in between my pillows. "I missed you so much." I scratched his head and sprawled across the bed. "I missed home so much." I sighed. Before I knew it I was asleep.

"Wake. Up!" I felt a pillow hit me across my face.

"What the hell Benji!?" I jumped up and ran after him. I chased him all the way out to the backyard before I tackled him. I raised my fist and he screamed.

"Moooooooooooooom!!!"

"Oh shut up, you started it!" I looked up when I heard someone bust out laughing. Bradley and my dad stood on the back porch in hysterics.

"You little brat." I smacked my brother on the back of his head as he wriggled free and ran toward the house.

"You two are going to cause me so much gray hair." My dad chuckled to himself and disappeared back into the house.

"So.... Remind me to never wake you up." Bradley walked over and held out his hand to help me up. "That was quite a sight, you're so small and yet... so violent"

"Oh shut up!" I grabbed his hand, hoisting myself up and dragging him along with me, "dinner's ready."

"If it's anything like dinner was at my place, I want no part of it." Unlike his parents, my parents are sane.

"You'll be fine, now c'mon!"

*****Bradley*****
I sat across from Justine at the table, nervous wasn't even the word. My palms were sweaty, knees weak, arms were heavy. Those lyrics have never been more relatable.

"So you like my sister huh?"

"I uh... I guess you could say that I do, yes." I nervously replied. It's not even the kid that's making me nervous, it's her father.

Author's Note

Hello again my precious readers, I know, I'm the worst but you'll see why I've been M.I.A in my next update. I just feel a certain way toward these types of books now. I'm writing for the sake of the story not because I'm team "Interracial relationships". Let love be love and stop idolizing BWWM WWBM AMBW ect. Relationships.

Love always, Keeks.