Chapter Fifty-One: Fight

ZURIEL

Angser stomps Vlad's head off his shoulders. His head falls with a thud, and his body returns to normal as Angser leans down and begins to drink from his severed throat.

My eyes narrow as I watch him. I could sense him getting stronger the more he drank. This is the first time of this happening for vampires. It happens all the time for lycans and werewolves. They have thousands of different packs, but vampires just have one. They have one alpha.

Angser is the new alpha.

I could feel the vampire in me stirring. Even though I died and came back, I do feel loyalty for Angser. It's something in my chest that's proof of this. It feels light, and it's so much easier to breathe.

When I look over at Helios, I could see that he was feeling the same way as he watches Angser. His eyes are wide with curiosity, and he's breathing in very deeply like something very heavy has been taken off his chest as well.

The Dracula bloodline feels it. Other vampires who have been turned will feel the difference. They will know we have a new alpha, and they will be loyal. There's finally a change. There's finally new blood taking charge now.

And it's about damn time too.

A proud smile forms on my lips once Angser drains him dry and stands up straight and proud. When he turns around to look at me, he has a soft smile on his face.

"Do you think you'll get your fangs back...Dracula?" I ask him.

He shakes his head slowly. "I don't want them back," he says with a grin. "And please don't start calling me that."

I let out a carefree laugh. "I won't."

"I feel different," Helios speaks up in surprise.

I nod slowly. "I do too."

Angser looks down at his dead father. "For the longest time, we had a king full of bitterness and hate. If you look at lycans, the members of the pack will have characteristics of its leader. If the leader is mean and bitter, you'll notice that the pack will also be the same. They look to their leader and do the things the leader does. Since vampires have a new alpha, of course you feel different."

Helios looks confused. "So I'm not my own person?"

I shake my head. "You are your own person. That doesn't stop things and people from influencing you though."

Helios frowns slightly, but I can tell he understands. "Okay..."

Tegan nods slowly. "What do we do with Calico now? Dracula is out of the way. I'm sure Calico was planning on using him in some way, but he's dead now. What should we do? How do we kill an immortal?"

"That's why I'm here," a voice speaks up.

When I turn my head to look over at the entrance of the building, I see Mother standing there with a grim look on her face as she walks towards me.

"Mother?" I ask in confusion. "What are you doing here?"

Her eyes narrow slightly. "I'm here to help you all out. Right now, Calico is trying to take over Radu's mind. When she does that, though, she has an invincible body at her control. So you all need to act fast."

"Fuck," Tegan mutters as she looks over at Helios.

He looks over at Tegan then over at me. "What can we do? We aren't as strong as Zuriel."