Chapter Forty-Four: Revolution

"What is this woman doing with you?" I ask Zuriel curiously as I look over at the woman named Ari.

Zuriel looks over at her sharply. "Remember not to look him in the eyes," he warns.

When he says that, Ari immediately bows her face. "Is that why you wear the sunglasses?"

I nod slowly. "Yeah, I don't really want people jumping all over me so I wear the sunglasses... They don't work completely so it wouldn't be wise to even look at my sunglasses either so try to control your eyes."

She nods. "Thanks."

"You're still with this human?" Zuriel asks me as he looks over at Leah.

Leah tenses up as she looks up at Zuriel. I can tell that she thinks he's a complete giant, and he is. There's no doubt about that.

"Yeah, she's my wife," I tell Zuriel.

His eyes soften as he looks back over at me. "You got married..." he trails off.

I nod slowly. "Well, yeah. I want to live a normal human life... I didn't want to go with them to New York because of the risk of me breaking that seal."

Zuriel nods slowly. "I understand. I wouldn't want to get involved with their bullshit either..." he pauses. "There's been lycans running around lately... Everywhere. Even here, the vamps aren't out like they usually are. It's like all the lycans finally decided they want to come out of hiding."

My eyes narrow. "Why are the lycans doing this now?"

Zuriel shrugs slightly. "I have no idea... I smell something dead coming from New York," he tells me darkly. "I smell something that smells like me."

My brows scrunch together to form a scowl. "Do you think Calico or maybe Dracula did something?"

Zuriel just only shakes his head. "I have no idea. I think someone up there fucked up again. I have to be in New York by tomorrow."

I nod slowly. "Well, the closer you get to New York, the more traffic there will be so it will get harder the farther you go up. Planes are only being used to go out of countries now... After so many people tried to leave the bigger cities by plane, it just kinda busted... Now one of the few actual working airports is in New York."

Zuriel sighs. "And that only goes out of country..." he trails off. "I got to get Helios out of here."

"Well, Helios and Nix went with Angser and them to New York to go back to Scotland... You know, since New York has an operating airport," I tell him with a frown.

His eyes narrow with determination. "Well, that's good that he is leaving." He pauses. "What about the lycan? Tegan, I mean."

"Tegan?" I mumble with a frown. "Not much to say about her... She was kinda weird..."

"Oh, you mean that bitch who kissed me?" Leah snaps angrily. "I hope she gets what's coming to her."

Zuriel snorts as he shakes his head. "She kissed you too?" he asks with a smile. "She needs DNA to shift into another person... That was the first thing she did to me when we first met."

"She better be careful," Leah mutters. "I don't fucking play that shit."

ZURIEL

"You don't mind if we stay here for the night, do you?" I ask Gadriel curiously. I motion towards Ari. "We rode all day. It didn't really bother me, but I know it bothered her."