Chapter Thirty-Six: Host and Parasite

HELIOS

The man named Gadriel eyes me suspiciously as I stand right beside Nix protectively. 

“We don't have to keep doing this, Helios,” Nix whispers to me as the woman named Leah talks with Gadriel and Tegan. 

“I know,” I whisper back. “I'm thinking.” 

Nix looks up at me curiously. “Why don't we just go home? This isn't our thing... I'm sure Dalia wouldn't want us wasting our time here.”

“If you want to go home, I'll send you back to Scotland... I don't want you to get hurt,” I tell him with a frown. 

He eyes widen in surprise. “You're coming with me, right?” 

My eyes narrow as I look away from Nix to look at the man named Gadriel. I can definitely see Dracula in him. For some reason, he wearing sunglasses, but past the lens I can see those eyes of his. 

Those swirling colors of red and black. 

My body stiffens slightly as I force myself to take a step back. “What the...” I whisper. There's something pulling me forward towards him, but I don't want to get any closer to him at all. Against my will, my body tingles, and I feel my finger itch to touch his skin. 

To be honest, I want to touch him everywhere. 

I can't do anything about my mouth watering or my erection, but I have it hidden with my trench coat. The room temperature feels like it's rising as my eyes focus entirely on Gadriel's swirling black and red eyes. 

Leah suddenly moves in front of Gadriel, pulling my attention off his eyes. 

“Don't stare too much into his eyes,” Leah warns. “You'll want him.” 

My teeth clench tightly as I force myself to look down at the ground. “Shit...” I whisper as I feel like a huge weight just got lifted off my shoulders. I couldn't help it when I fall on my knees on the floor and break out in a sweat. 

“Want him?” Tegan asks in confusion. 

Leah clears her throat in discomfort. “Um... Gadriel was cursed by Calico when he was a baby. Anyone who looks him in the eyes will want him...in every way.” 

“Well, it's a good thing I didn't pay too much attention to his eyes,” Tegan mutters as she kneels down in front of me. “Do you want him?” 

I force my eyes to stay glued to the floor when I feel my body lean forward, but I keep myself reined in. “I guess I do because I can't stop thinking about him,” I mutter as more sweat forms on my face. 

My God, my thoughts are racing. All I keep seeing is that fucker's face, and the only way it seems like it'll stop is if I run away or if I just have him to myself. 

Having him to myself sounds so much better, but I need to get away. 

“Fucking witches and their curses,” I growl as my hands clench into fists on the floor as I try to compose myself. 

“I'm sorry... I guess I should have warned you,” Gadriel says with shame. 

My body reacts violently to the sound of his voice, and I slam my head against the floor as I groan in pain. “Don't talk,” I snarl angrily. “Just don't talk.” 

“I need to get away from him,” Gadriel says quietly, and when I hear his footsteps, it was like torture for some reason. 

“Fuck,” I groan in pain as my whole body aches. Tegan tried to help me on my feet to get me out of here, but if I move and see that guy, I'm going to tackle him down.