Chapter Thirty-Nine: Unique

ZURIEL

She sleeps after I apologize to her, and I'm glad she's asleep. It gives me a moment of silence to realize what I just did to her. It gives me a moment to realize what I'm doing to try and comfort her.

While she sleeps, I just lie down beside her and zone out while looking at the fresh bruises on her neck.

Honestly, I'm just a fucking dumb ass for doing that to her. That's really something Jacqueline would do to be honest. I should have known better than to lay a hand on Ari, and she's just a human. She's no threat to me at all except for her just being a woman. That's a threat all by itself, and I'm trying to keep myself for falling into this kind of shit again.

Yeah, women are my weakness, but the problem is that she's one of those certain women that I have a soft spot for, which is the very reason why I don't want to get close to her.

We should be in Los Angeles today. We are very close to it, and after this, it's time to head to New York as soon as she wakes up.

My eyes narrow as I roll over on my back and look up at the ceiling.

Jacqueline... Before I went on this little trip, I went to her and threatened her. Now that I'm thinking about it, though, am I really going to kill her? She's not really my focus to be honest. Calico is right now.

I just want that bitch gone. I hate her very existence.

My thoughts move to Angser with a frown. I wouldn't kill him for sure. He was trying to convince me not to do anything stupid... Gadriel was there. I hope he decides to remain "basically" human.

Amaranth.

I don't care about her anymore. Not that I ever did... I am just not so pissed at her to the point where I want to kill her.

Dracula.

Okay, I kinda want to kill that motherfucker.

My body freezes when I hear a knock on the motel door to this room. I breathe in deeply only to smell a vampire...

Not just any vampire scent, though.

It's smells like a pure blood vampire.

It's nearing sunrise so this vampire is pretty ballsy for knocking on this door... This vampire is ballsy for even knocking on my door.

There's more knocking at the door. This time, it's more urgent, quicker. The vampire seems worried, I suppose.

My curiosity gets the best of me, and I slip out of bed slowly careful not to wake Ari then I walk towards the door.

When I open it, I see a familiar face standing at the motel room doorway looking up at me.

"Zuriel," Silas says coldly as he narrows his glowing red eyes.

My own eyes narrow as well as I look down at him in suspicion. "What are you doing here? How did you find me?"

"May I come in?" he asks with a deep frown. "The sun will be coming up in about thirty minutes."

No one owns the motel... It's abandoned so I suppose this room is mine since I kinda claimed it.

I let out a sigh as I move aside so he has room to walk in. "You may come in."

And Silas Dracula steps inside the motel room.

SILAS

Zuriel looks completely different. He does look a whole lot better since the last time I saw him though. Last time, he was pale, weak, under Calico's control. Now he's bigger, stronger, and looks more like a monster than he ever has before.