Chapter 56

Audrey's POV

I woke up to the sound of a slow and steady beeping, I shifted a little and turned to see I was hooked up to all kinds of machines. 

I quickly out of panic put my hands over my belly and felt around, my baby bump was still hard which meant I was still pregnant. 

I slowly tried to lift myself up but pain shook all over my body, I laid back defeated. I was clearly in a hospital so I tried to feel for the nurses button. Once I felt that I pressed once and awaited the arrival of a nurse. 

About 3 minutes later a small frame nurse came in with a smile. 

"Morning Mama" she smiled, I smiled back or at least I tried, my cheek was on fire. 

"Water" I barely could speak. 

She came to my side and pour out water for me in a cup and held the straw to my lips, I drank a little and finally spoke. 

"Can you help me sit up, it hurts for me to move" I sighed. 

"Sure baby" she helped me sit up and adjust my pillows and bed. 

"How are you feeling?" 

"Beside the pain over my body, and sore feeling, I feel okay" I sounded surprised because I was. 

"Where am I ?" I asked. 

"You're in Saint Joseph Hospital in Atlanta Georgia, you are currently in the maternity ward" she smiled. 

"Oh my god, my baby" I placed both hands on my belly" 

She walked over to my chart and check my vitals. 

"Your baby is fine, quite the kicker" she laughed. 

"Oh thank god" but then it hit me ... August.

"
My fiance, I have to call him!" I practically spat out.

"Relax Mama, we have already contacted him as soon as you hit that nurse button" 

"How long have I been here?" 

"Just about a week and half" 

"Wait what?" I was now confused. 

"Darling you were in a coma for a week and half" 

I ran my hand over my face and soon felt the bandage on my left cheek.

"What happened to my face?" 

"Lord, you don't remember anything?" 

"Uh just a little bit" I frowned. 

"I am going to let your fiance tell you what you don't remember okay" she nodded.

"But as you wait, I'm going to bring you some lunch"

"Okay, thank you" 

I sat back and turned on the television in front of me, I remember answering August's door and being literally thrown against the wall. I fought someone, a female that was a little taller than me but not that much. I couldn't gather how I got this wound on my cheek.

I was in deep thought when my door was practically swung opened with force. I jumped out of thought and I saw August holding a take out bag of Houston's and huge smile on his face. 

"As if I wasn't already in a coma, why you coming in busting the door open like that" I broke the silence and stare down we had going on. 

August rushed over and place the back on the night table next to me and softly threw himself on me with his head in my chest. I heard him sniffle, he was low key crying buried in my chest. 

"Babe" I giggled and ran my hand down his back. 

"I'm okay" I tried to pull his face up to mine.