Chapter 53

*December*

August POV

3 am and I sat next to Audrey as I rubbed her back, she was hurling her life into the toilet this late at night. We had attended her assistant's annual Ugly Christmas sweater party and I don't know what she ate or had but now she was up hurling.

"Ugh" Audrey groaned in pain.

"It's okay Ma" I rubbed her back.

"I haven't felt like this since September, why God"  she laid her head on my shoulder as I continue to rub her back.

I passed her the water bottle and she took a swig and spit it into the toilet.

"What did you eat?" I asked her.

"I don't know babe" she laid her back on me again.

"Bae you gotta drink water, you turning pale" I looked at he concerned.

She tried to drink some water but instead threw it up. I looked at her wanting to take away all the pain she was feeling but I knew her vomiting like this was no good either.

"Hold on I'mma see if we got ginger ale love"

I walked downstairs to the fridge, we usually had a stash cause she never knew how she'd feel, but I looked and came up with nothing.

"Shit" I groaned.

It was 3 am and nothing was going to be open, like I needed to get ginger ale or Gatorade. I looked at my phone, it wasn't too late to call my Mama. I dialed my mother's number and let it ring.

"Hello" My mother practically sang into the phone.

"Mama" I spoke.

"Hey baby, what's going on suga?"

"Audrey's sick" I said.

"Sick? How?" her tone changed.

"We went to one of her co worker's get together, all of sudden 2 am she's barfing, and we have no ginger ale and it's 3 am nothing's open, what do I do?"

I sighed, I wanted to help my poor baybeh upstairs.

"Oh lord, okay, now maybe Audrey has some ginger root in her house if she does, you have to peel and chop that and boil it, but if she doesn't she might have chamomile tea or herb that you can boil to. Do not put sugar, that might prompt her to keep vomiting. Look for some soda crackers,  force her to eat some of those and just her to bed on her side so she can relax"

"Thanks Ma" I sighed relieved someone could help me.

"You welcome, if she's not better within 30 minuets don't hesitate to take her to the ER" my mother spoke. 

"Yeah I won't, thanks Ma, I luh you"

"Love you too, goodnight baby"

I looked around in Audrey's kitchen, I did find soda crackers and I could only find chamomile. This was the stash her mother brought her back in November. I took out a sauce pan, poured some of the herbs and added water to it. I put it on the stove and waited.