Chapter 43

August POV

Germany had been too mofuckin' good to me these past two weeks, although the food wasn't up my alley, I was just glad I found a KFC or two around the way.

I had finished blowing down the last of my Amsterdam stash and we were headed to London. It was the first week of August and I was happy my summer was eventful. I would have been a mess if I had to stay back in Atlanta all damn summer. 

I was even writing new music, for my up and coming sophomore album. I had a few ideas written down of what it would entail but for the most part I would have to leave my imagination to run it's course. 

As we boarded the plane for London, I couldn't help but think of Audrey. This was one of the places she dreamed to visit. Her book worm self as she told me,  just had to attend some major book fair they have out here. I wonder when that usually took place and if she'd ever go out there when she had the time ... 

I took my seat in business class and placed my headphones on, I was going to sleep this hour and change because once I landed I knew I would be doing the most. Thank god I smoked before leaving, I just wanted to catch come type of Z's and my chill. 

****

"Coco, I told you that end of August I don't travel or do any shows, I want to make it back to Nola for Melvin's anniversary" I took a sip of my drink.

Coco and my manager had come to speak to me before the first show in London. They said they had a few things lined up for me this month but I told Coco the last week of August I go home, hang with the girls and visit Mel. There was no way I was going to be caught dead out oversea during that time. 

"August, come on now, this is good for your career"

"Well, if the tickets aint go on sale yet then make it in September" 

"August you're being hard headed"

"No, when I signed on to this I made that clear as day, don't try and play me now" I huffed. 

"You are so annoying!" Coco sighed. 

"I don't care and where we going anyway?" 

"After London would have been Ireland and than France before October initially" Coco sort of lowered her voice. 

"France?" I raised my eyebrows. 

"Yeah, if we make changes both those places would be in September as asked." Coco stared at me.

"Well, I'm not changing my mind" I crossed my arms. 

"Fine, September it is, be prepared to be on a flight around your birthday" she laughed. 

I laughed a little myself, I didn't care at all. I just thought about the week I'd be in Nola would be a week I could thoroughly investigate where Audrey actually is in France and be able to show up at her door step. 

I smiled at the thought of seeing her again, I missed her face ... But my thoughts were short lived when I remember the bullshit she pulled. I couldn't bring myself to hate her but I also couldn't forgive her either. I wanted to but I knew in my heart that the hurt I felt, she didn't feel none of that. 

"I know how this whole Audrey thing"

"What about it?" I cut Coco off. 

"I just want you to be focused when September hits and we're out there okay"