Chapter 55

Omniscient POV

August walked through Saint Joseph Hospital main entrance like he was about to pop on the first person that talked to him slick. He had taken nearly five hours to get to Atlanta. It's winter and snow in New York City delays every mother fucking thing. August eyes were blood shot red, he had blown down on the way to the airport and on the way to the hospital. His nerves were on 1000 and he needed a way to cope for the madness he was about to hear. 

August walked to the front desk, he had on a long pea coat and a black hoody and a snap back on, he was trying conceal himself as much as possible. He didn't want anyone recognizing him, today was not the day to try him. 

It was 9 pm now and August was exhausted and his body ached from the tension he had been holding since he left New York City. 

"Hello, I was contacted a couple hours ago regarding my Wife, she's also pregnant" 

"Hello sir, can I have her name please?" 

"Audrey McCall" 

"Okay one second okay" 

August nodded and stood off to the side, as the nurse looked up in the computer and made a couple calls. 

"Okay sir, I need you and your bodyguard to sign these for guest passes, you're going to be headed to the 8th floor, maternity ward" 

August grabs his guest pass and nods his head, both T and him continue to the elevator. August presses 8 and they ride up. August adjusts his shade and prepares for the worst. 

They both exit and walk to yet another front desk. 

"Mr. Alsina?" the nurse asks August. 

"Yes mam" 

"Okay, before you can go see Miss McCall, her doctor wants to come and speak to you and I know there are two officers that would like to share some information with you"

"Okay" he sighs, he just wants to see Audrey already. 

August and T stand off to the side by the little waiting area and a tall black man walks up to them. 

"Mr. Alsina?" 

"Yes sir" 

"I'm Dr. Roberts" he shakes August's hand. 

"So as I'm sure you already know about your fiancee. Well she seemed to have put up a good fight for her life. It looks like they tried to choke her by the marks around her neck, but her knuckles tell us she must have punched someone or something a few times. They tried to slash her face but the wound isn't that deep or wide, a few stitches took care of that. But they managed to choke her, which caused her to pass out but on the way here she slipped into a coma"

August bit his knuckles, he wanted so much to punch the wall but he knew he couldn't do that. He felt the blood in his body rush to feet. 

"I know she's seven or eight months pregnant"

"7 months, is the baby okay?" August finally spoke.

"Oh, okay I was close, the baby is fine, thank god" Dr. Roberts said. 

"So is she going to wake up any time soon?"

"We are hoping soon, but were not too sure, being pregnant and having to put your body through that much her body might have slipped her into a coma trying to relax her and bring everything back to normal. But her brain activity is all fine, I would say around the middle of this week she should make progress" he shook August's hand. 

"You can go see her whenever you're ready"Dr. Roberts walked away. 

But not soon after Dr. Roberts left, two police officers approached August and T.

"Hello, Mr. Alsina we were the first officers on the scene, we answered to your alarm system, were you not alerted ?" 

"I was doing a show, I didn't see anything until after the hospital called me"