Chapter 57

Audrey POV

It has been three days since I was released from the hospital and I was back in August's home on bed rest for the rest of the week. 

Complex had sent me flowers at the hospital and flowers at August's home, they suggested that I take maternity leave now until I decided I was okay to come back after the birth of April. But I wanted to go back to France, our baby room still wasn't done and after this incident I didn't want April no where near or in August's home. 

I laid back in the king size bed and watched Netflix, it was later afternoon now and August was downstairs with all his Nola friends, I had met Sneak before but the rest were pretty faces to me. 

About 15 minutes into watching a foreign film the door creek opened and August came in with a tray of food. 

"Hey hungry hippo" he teased me. 

I flipped him the bird and laughed. 

"What's up big head?" 

"Nothing much, music writing and shit" 

"I hope ya not smoking in the main living room, I don't want to be smelling that crap while I'm here" I eyed him. 

"Eh relax Baby Ali, aint no bih smoking in the living room and besides that's what my basement for" he rolled his eyes. 

"What you cooked me?" 

"Well fatty, I actually cooked you some veggies, salmon and mashed potato" 

"Aww look at you going in" 

"I always throw down in the kitchen" he said cockily. 

"I see there are two plates, you staying and having lunch with me?" 

"Yup, I missed my baybeh this morning" he cooed. 

"Oh how sweet of you August" 

"Mhmm, so what you watching" 

"Some movie, it's actually french, can you tell I miss France?" I laughed. 

"With all the peanut butter you can here and you miss France" he joked.

"Yes, like now I'm on leave from work and the baby room is still not done and I'm just not feeling safe in your home no more" 

August face went from a smile to a frown, I know me feeling uncomfortable was driving him insane, he hated that I didn't feel safe in his home no more. 

"I just don't want April here and some shit like that goes down again like what if hey hurt her or kill me" 

August cut me off

"Ain't no body touching you or my daughter" passed me my plate of food. 

"But you don't know that" 

"I sure the fuck do" he sat back on the bed next to me. 

"Babe..."

"Audrey, ain't no one ever going to try you again as long as I live" he stared deep in my eyes. 

For the first time since that first back stage encounter, I was scared of August and what he was capable of doing. I just stared at him and nodded my head yes.

I mean come Drey, you from Brooklyn, New York,  Bedstuy, do or die ... But damn August's hoodish ways had my surrounding neighborhood ways beat by a long shot. 

"Okay" I smiled a little. 

"Now, after Christmas I'm going to send you back home with T. I'll be there for New Years babe  guarantee that. I will be leaving to Dubai early January but I will be back for your birthday and then I'm home till Mid March" he smiled.