Chapter 6 (Part II)

Audrey's POV Cont. 

I sat back down on mine and opened my laptop.

"Okay, so beside NOLA playing a big factor in what you sing about and what you have done in life, tell me has family played a part? Do you have father figures? Children? Siblings that helped you get to this point?" 

"Children, negative. But I do take care of my three nieces like they my own. I mean family does play an important role, they helped shaped me into the man I am. My Mama? I love my mother that's my heart but far as father figures or my father goes, never really had one. Father wasn't really a part of my life and he passed when I was 12 and my step father, I don't even want to discuss that" he gave me an unamused face.

"Oh, I'm sorry"

"Nah you straight, I didn't really know the man so it would be like missing a stranger honestly. The lack of men around me made want to be a better one"

I looked straight into his eyes as he said that, something about this statement soften him. He stared back at me and me at him. He was 22, just like me but he was beyond his years. The wisdom he held resonated through his work and the way he carried himself.

"So you said you take care of your nieces like your own, whys that? Your brother or sisters kids?"

"My brother's girls"

"And where is your brother if you don't mind me asking?"

"Uhm" he sat back in his seat.

"If you don't want to speak about it we don't have to"

"Nah it's cool. My brother passed back in 2010, so when the opportunity presented itself that I could do more for my nieces, I moved them out to Atlanta and thought it would be a good idea to step in and be that father figure for them"

"I'm sorry to hear about your brother, were you guys close?"

"Yeah man, he was my best friend. He always encouraged me to continue doing my thang with this music" he moved up in his seat.

I could tell the subject was getting him a little uncomfortable.

"Okay, we can stop here" I closed my laptop.

I sat back and stared at him and he began to place his shade back on. I had struck a nerve. Usually this a good breaking point but I could tell this wasn't a moment to boast about.

"August"

"Hmm?"

"Are you okay?"

"Straight" he grabbed his phone and stood up from his seat.

I stood up also and grabbed my stuff.

"I didn't mean to hit a nerve, you can always tell me to stop if I do" I continued.

"You straight" I could hear his voice slightly crack. He was either already tearing up behind those shades or he was about to cry.

I walked over to where he stood and placed my laptop and notepad down. I extended my arms towards him for a hug and he stood back.
"Nah, I'm straight" he said one again.

"Let me give you a hug"

"I said I'm good Audrey" his tone hardened.

I could hear him sniffle. Fuck, he was high as shit and I hit a nerve, this had to be the worst combo ever, I imagined.
"I'm just trying to help"

"I don't want your damn sympathy!" he shot back.

"Whoa" I stared back at him getting annoyed.

Until there was a knock on the door. It was August's publicist Coco walked in.

"Oh, excuse me guys, August your sound check rehearsal is in an hour we got to make our way out there already"

I slowly backed away from August feeling annoyed by his tone towards me. "Aiight Coco"

"See you later tonight, right Audrey?" Coco asked.

I had completely forgot tonight was his first show.

"Oh shit" I said.

"You forgot?" August asked

"I did, but yeah I'll be there Coco"

"Okay girl, August 20 minutes" she smiled at him.

"So you coming to my show tonight or not?"

"I mean I have no choice" I crossed my arms in front of me.

"You most def do have a choice, I don't it's my job"

"This is my job too, so no I don't have a choice and by the way you talking to me I don't think I want to even show up for work tonight' I rolled my eyes grabbing my things.

"I didn't mean to snap on you... look I would really love if you showed up to my show early, no slipping in through the side door" he bent down and tried to kiss my forehead.

I backed away, "I'm on the clock and right now I'm not really feeling Mr. High Alsina"

"And I don't give a damn"

"Nah you cool, it is what it is. We can talk about it off the record another day" I walked out the conference room.

August POV

I had just left the complex office. The first session wasn't too bad, except the whole brother situation. It always put me in a bad mood and being high as fuck didn't help me much either. I hated the fact that I couldn't really talk about him without getting choked up. I brushed off the thought and walked out of complex towards my whip. I had sound check and rehearsal, I had something special I wanted to do for Audrey. Even though I acted like a dick.

I arrived at Irving Plaza at around noon, I was hungry as fuck now, my high had gone down and it was all hitting me. I threw on my shades as I hopped out the car and walked to the main entrance. I walked into the venue and looked around, I couldn't believe I would be performing in New York fucking City. I took in the entire venue in as I walked to the stage.

"You look excited" Coco said in a smile.

"Yeah, I really am ma"

"I'm glad, this is what hard work earns you"

"It ain't Barclays or MSG but shit its NY"

"Yup, you got that right"

"Break a leg little homie" she nudge me.

I smiled at her and took off my jacket.

*****

A|N Hi fellow readers, I just wanted to say thank you for the comments and the votes. I love the support and feed back. Excuse any mistakes, I'm trying to update and edit all at once LOL. 

But thank you ladies that read, vote and comment, it means so much to me. I'm not a first time fan fiction writer. But haven't done this since I was sixteen and I was semi in love with Chris Brown O.O LOL 

August Alsina is literally BAE. Beside being a fan of his music, I really just love how much of a real ninja he is. Real recognize real. ;] #CaramelGumDrop

Thanks for the love!

xoMissGabyGee