Chapter 11

August POV

It was my last night in New York City at least for the next three weeks. I'd be on the road for two of them. Then I'd be back to finish up the Complex spread and my last concert out here. I was on my way to this Double XL event that Khaled had invited me out to. I wasn't up for it but since I knew my nigga Chris and Wiz was gonna come through, I might as well blow it down with'em.  My body was in this motherfucking club, but my mind was on Audrey, I didn't send her the flowers yet. I wanted to deliver those myself and let her know I was going to be gone for a while.

Khaled had came and got me and Chris to his VIP section. Khaled had done blessed the table with some Henny, Patron and Peach Ciroc. Woedie was trynna get a nigga fucked up outchea! I poured myself a glass of Henny and cranberry as I began to roll my fourth spliff of the night. Time to get this party started, I guess...

Audrey's POV

About 8 shots of Jameson later, me and the girls walked into the 40/40 club, which was hosting the event. I looked around at the atmosphere, groupies, groupies and more groupies. I was beyond out element, these women couldn't compete with me intellectually but tonight they knocked me out the park with their club gear. I laughed, this is what working in the music business has bought me? Groupies at parties. Sigh, whatever time to have fun, I guess.

Drew met us by the bar, he had sized me up a few times, I fronted like I didn't see him just so he didn't get any damn ideas.

"Glad to see you made it"

"Yeah.. I had no choice" I stared back at Tammy who was ordering a drink.

"You look beautiful" Drew stared at body. 

"Thanks, you cute" I smiled at him.

"I'm cute? Ha ... Thanks ma"

"I mean you look nice too" I shook my head at my slightly buzzed self.

"It's cool, but come on I have VIP section, I guess there are perks of working for double XL"

"This is your magazine event though"

"But it doesn't mean I'd have my own section, this just means they love my work"

"Well lead the way"

The girls and I followed behind Drew, walking up a short flight of steps in a overseeing balcony area. This was nice, being able to breathe in our own section and watch the groupies go hard from a distance. I liked this.

"So, I got Patron, Coconut Ciroc and Jack Daniels, feel free to drink up ladies, this ain't all for me" Drew smiled at me, I smiled back him.

I don't know if could be the whiskey in my system but his chocolate ass was starting to look ever so good. I snapped out of it, Don't let him get to you Drey! I thought to myself. 

I walked over to the table with the ice bucket, well started with whiskey end in whiskey. I picked up the Jack Daniel's bottle poured a little more than half and splashed it with coke. I was going to need a strong on to make it through this event.

*Two Hours Later*

I swayed side to side with my third cup of jack and coke, they were playing Fetty Wap, My Way, the remix with Drake.

"All I gotta do is put my mind to this shit!" Tammy sang out along to Drake.

"Cancel out my ex line put a line through that bitch" I sang along with her.

We were definitely a little beyond tipsy. I laughed as she continued to rap along to her "baby daddy" as she puts it. I was actually enjoying myself, I got up for a another jack and coke and as I stood waiting for Yarissa to pour me another drink, that's when I saw him.