Chapter 61

'I'll be your baby na Tita Thea...' Mimi pouted, clinging to Thea as we drive home from the airport.

We dropped the couple off to their honeymoon. Buti this little kid with us didn't cry her hearts out sa airport, kundi super mahihirapan mag let go ang parents. Coz when she heard about the trick or treat and the mini party sa house, her mood changes immediately.

'You're everyone's baby, Mims.' I said as I reached for her face and caress her chubby cheek.

Mama has organized a mini get together for the family and close friends for our Halloween party. And yes, the Reyes are invited too, they're family to us na now you know.

'Even if you and Tita Thea will have a baby din?' Oh Jesus this little kid.

Thea then laughed, I looked at her and apologized for this makulit baby of ours. Matagal pa po yun.

'Even if...' I said and winked at Thea.

'Yehey!' The little girl shouted and clapped her hands.

'Malikot Mims, Tito Third's driving...' Thea said and pulled Mimi down.

'Ooopsss sorry!' And she reached for my face and gave my cheek a kiss.

Our sweet baby sweet.

We arrived just in time for lunch. Mama and Tita Baby were the ones manning the kitchen. Ang cute lang, kung andito lang talaga si Manong and Mika, they'll surely tease the magbabalae, best friends daw.

'Babe, try this. Sarap.' I gave the stick of barbecue and let Thea taste it.

'Oo nga, sarap!' Thea said as she took another bite of the barbecue.

'It's your Tito Manuel's recipe.' Mama said and Tito Manuel just gave us a thin smile. Yes, they are all here.

This is family.

'Tito, masarap po. We can have this dish sa ioopen na resto nina Manong sa Cebu.' I said, and the rest agrees.

'Oo nga balae.' Papa said holding the aluminum with the cooked barbecue.

We are all here in the garden of our lovely home, the sun's up but good thanks to the shade of the tree, paka fresh in here. A long table is ready with the leaves of the banana.

'Oh, Kuya, ihain mo na yung rice dun, and the caldereta will be ready na din in a while.' Mama said as she and Tita Baby went back inside the house, probably to get the rest of the dishes.

Thea helped me with putting on the rice in the center of the table. Gotta be a budol budol kinda lunch.

'Kuya saan to?' Miko asked. I saw him holding a fried dish.

'Ah dyan na lang Miks.' I said and he put down the dish in the separate table on the other side.

'Look at Dani and Dave.' Thea said as she looks at the other side. I saw my not so little sister anymore making lande lande with her boyfriend, yes, my little sister has a boyfriend already, pero guarded pa din ni Kuya.

'Dani!' I called and she immediately took her hands from Dave and stands from the chair.

'Ano?' She said, eyes rolling. I just grin as I felt Thea's light slap. Dave just scratches his head.

'Estorbo talaga...' She shouted and went to sit beside Dave again. With them are Mikole and Mimi, enjoying the dogs playing.

The lunch went well as usual, cooked foods by the parents are heaven, fiesta.