Chapter 13

Its been a week now since Sinulog. 

Everything’s back to normal, normal, I mean school. Though its really a busy week for me because its exam week. Kierra’s back to school too, buti malapit lang ang Play House dito sa university.

Kiefer, well Kiefer never fails to surprise me everyday. Though Kierra would always nag me about him, she would always understand naman, konting patahan lang. Every morning I would receive a flower arrangement from him, and last Wednesday I receive a fruit arrangement too, along with the flowers. Thursday at around lunch time, I was surprised to receive a delivery from Jollibee... Enough to feed the whole faculty. 

‘Unta ing ani kanunay Miks noh?’ That was my co teacher and friend Dex, teasing me. Haeist, Kiefer just keep on spoiling these people around me. Yeah, Dex would always say sana everyday ganito palage, may delivery ng food palage, busog palage.

‘Haynaku that guy really. Oh kain kain, pasalamatan niyo si Manong.’ And they all laugh, kuha agad ng food sa table. 

While feasting on my fries...

‘Mama...’ My little girl came running in the office, her Yaya’s in tow... Well, not Yaya Plo, she’s busy sa condo. Her Yaya Ates are here. 

Julie, Meg, and Cass have volunteered to fetch Mimi from school and look after her muna while I’m busy with my work. Buti wala na daw sila exam.

‘Mama, look I got three stars...’ She showed her stamps in her little hand. Galing galing naman my baby girl.

‘Thanks girls... Oh kaon sa mo, all the way from Manila pa ang nagpadeliver nyan.’ I said to the girls, parang na gets naman kaagad nila kung sino. Ayown, nagtilian.

‘Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!’ Yeah, didn’t I tell you, these ladies are Miefer fans, kaya kahit sana uuwi na sila and magpahinga dahil wala na silang exam, eh eto, binabantayan ang anak namin. Kaya naman, I’m so thankful to these ladies.

‘Ssssshhh... You guys talaga oh,sige na, sige na. And later, I’ll treat you to dinner. Ampingi nang akong anak ha.’ I said and sinubuan si Mimi ng spaghetti.

‘Kami rin Miks ha.’ Mands and Dex chorused. Yeah right, mapapasubo nanaman ako.

‘Yes yes, later guys. I’ll treat you. Oh dalian and magstart na next exams.’ 

Come Sunday, I talked to Kiefer about Mimi nagging me about him, and he explained that he’s been super busy with all the trainings and the games, and he has to attend to some endorsement commitments. Sabi niya wala na nga daw siyang pahinga. Kapoy na daw talaga. Kawawa naman baby boy.