Chapter 44

'Enough na, let's go change na... Mama and Papa will be here any minute by now.' I said as I got our towels on the long chair just near the pool.

It's a beautiful Sunday morning, third day of our stay here in Sarabia. Yesterday we check the lots Kiefer wants to put up his business and met his cousins for dinner na hindi naka punta kahapon sa mini reunion.

'Five minutes Mama.' Kierra said and smiles as she started swimming again. Etong batang to talaga, basta tubig, parang wala nang bukas.

Later we'll buy some things for the events tomorrow, groceries and some school supplies for the kids in Tambaliza. Mimi's first time to visit his Papa's place. Yes, we'll be going to Concepcion.

Time to introduce the youngest Ravena to the community.

~~~

Just before the sun sets, we've arrived at the island of Tambaliza, pinaka favorite place in the whole wide world.

Many have asked me, since way back college, where is my dream vacation, I would always answer, in our place in Iloilo, sa isla... And that's Tambaliza, in the municipality of Concepicon, Iloilo.

I have envisioned myself retiring in this beautiful place, with Mika and Mimi, and maybe my junior, with their kids.

Many memories were built in this island.

First on the list, that first time Mika took step in the island. After that dreadful loss against my school, that much out of the city get away, luckily thanks to that Amihan and Bagwis Iloilo trip.

'Can we swim again?' I heard Mimi said to Mika, who's beside Mama readying our things, kakadating lang namin sa isla, and is about to disembark the boat.

Gonna be a joint project of Mama's birthday and Mimi's, to be introduce to the island. Naks na bata to.

'Sir, yung mga kahon ibaba na namin.' Manong Gardo who's manning the boat said to Papa as some guys from the shore went aboard the bangka.

'Oh sige Manong, pakiingatan na lang yung dalawang box dyan, baka mabasa ba...' Papa said to the boys who are now starting unloading the bangka.

'Mama, come na, baba na tayo...' Kierra pulled her Mama, excited to go and play on the sand.

'Wait lang baby...' Mika said as she's still readying our things with Mama Mozzy.

I'm helping the Manongs with the boxes and the goods. When I heard someone from the shore shouted.

'Manong Kiper...' One boy shouted, with three others behind him. I waved at them, these kiddos. My alalays in the isla. I missed them tho.

Mama and Mika maybe heard the kids coz they smiled at them too and were talking about how they are grownups now.

'Come on baby, tara let's go...' I said to Mimi who happily clings in to me. I first handed my bag to Manong Gardo who's waiting below and is holding the ladder.

'Kuya si Mimi, mahulog ah...' Mama Mozzy said who's just behind us, ever the maalalahaning Lola.

'Baby, me first...' I said to Mimi and hold her up.

'Come on... you can jump to Papa. Papa will catch you.' I said to Mimi but then the mother and the grandma protested.

'Kiefer!' Mika and Mama said in chorus. Haynaku these ladies, don't yah all get worried, I won't let my girl fall, I'll catch her. Hanubeh. But Mimi just grinned at them and is planning something naughty.