Chapter 39

'Oh, you talk to Papa, babe...' I handed Kierra the phone, but she's refusing to. Kanina pa yan, Kiefer naman kasi.

She asked her Papa to come to Cebu this coming Friday for her school's Buwan Ng Wika celebration but her Papa said he will see cause may aattendan siyang charity game on Saturday. Kaya ayan, sprak.

'I'll ask Thirdy if he can play for me, tomorrow punta akong Cainta.' Kiefer said, he just got home from a meeting with his team.

'Sige sige, pahinga ka na dyan. I'll talk to her na lang muna. Talk to you tomorrow.' I said while opening the fridge, finding something to eat while I check my student's test papers and preparing the lessons for tomorrow.

'I wanna talk to you pa, pinapababa mo naman agad. Tampo.' Kiefer baby talked. Ayan dalawang sprak.

'Eh I got too many things to do baby.' I said while washing the grapes. Multi tasking.

'Sige na baby, Facetime na lang, promise I'll be silent lang. Makita ko lang kayo.' Pagpupumilit pa niya. Pouting those luscious lips.

'Ikaw talaga. Sige wait lang...' I stand from the chair and walk my way to Kierra, who's watching Toy Story and borrowed her iPad.

'Baby, borrow muna Mama ah...' She just nod, not looking at me. Tutok sa tv eh. Buti pinahiram lang din ng bata.

And when I opened it, got surprised. She doodled something. Kiefer gotta see this. So I immediately request for a Facetime.

'Ako tatawag diba?' He said, kakain pa lang siguro to, coz I can see he's getting a plate.

'May papakita lang ako sayo. Ses.' I said and inirapan siya.

I opened Kierra's iPad and face it to Kiefer. And yes he got that awww face.

She doodled.

'Papa always no time for Mimi!'

And a drawing of her Papa, big nose, kapal lips, and kapal kilays... Bully talaga our baby girl.

'Ayan ah, nagpapakonsensya.' I said laughing silently. Kamot ulo na lang ang Tatay.

Etong si Mimi nga naman talaga, sobrang possessive sa Tatay. Eh halos dito na nga si Kiefer namalage sa Cebu. We have talked about this already, na sana doon na lang kami sa Manila tumira but I just can't let go of work, and napapamahal na talaga kami sa Cebu. Our set up's a little bit kapoy but I know we can get thru this. Sabi ki nga bili na lang siya ng plane.

'Sige na sige na, tell her I'll be there on Friday.' He said while napakamot sa ulo. Ahwww baby love. Sorry, kasi your baby girl's so spoiled.

'Baby, Papa's coming on Friday. Come!' I shouted to Kierra, and she got up excitedly from the couch and runs to me.

'Really?' She asked and hugs me. I face her sa phone where her Papa's on the screen smiling.

'Yes baby, wag na tampo kay Papa ah?' Kiefer said. And Mimi just happily squeal.

'Thank you Papa! Thank you! Thank you! Yay!' She happily said and kissed the screen.

~~~

'Ang ating ikatlong manlalahok, bigyan natin ng masigarbong palakpakan, si Binibining Kierra Mikaella R. Ravena.'

Kierra went to the stage smiled and waved at us. You could see the confidence in our baby.

'Surprise ka no?' I asked Kiefer. Yes, this is the reason why Mimi wants her father to be here. She is one of the contestant for the declamation. She wanted to surprise her Papa.